British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Redcar bsn Wednesday

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Comment from Laurence Rogers on the SpeedwayGB site:

“Using the BSN Series to regain match fitness is important as the main aim is progress in the league, which gets underway in a few weeks’ time, to get into those play-offs.”

How is this supposed to get fans in the stadium? Admitting the match that is the same price as a league match, isn't as important as a league match? Birmingham can still qualify!

It gets better...

The update on Facebook, supposedly promoting this meeting shows a photo of the two Brummies being trounced by opponents. And I bet someone from the Brummies hierarchy will be on here bemoaning that I'm the one with the negative outlook on the team...:D

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

My bad!:shock:

It prob doesn't feel like a Weds with Poole not riding! :D

On 4/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, GiveusaB said:

12 races won from gate 2/4 last week .... that's quite a high percentage!

Irony is...we won the toss, chose gates 2-4, but the opposition get to use those gates 8 times, as they get choice in Heat 15!

No benefit from winning the toss!

Charles Wright never got the message. Won the toss and took 1 and 3.

Sorry Birmingham but you are not keeping Zach!! :D Done good tonight beating Wright twice and Danny King. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sorry Birmingham but you are not keeping Zach!! :D Done good tonight beating Wright twice and Danny King. 

Yup, he was Brummies best rider tonight although in all honesty that’s not really saying much. Morris was ok and Pearson had a couple of recent rides but the Bears won comfortably without riding that well really. Worrying signs for the Brummies.

Lawson was excellent and nice to see Mulford get a win and a couple of points in other rides. Expected more from Hume but can’t really complain about a convincing away win.

Not a lot of good racing, can only really remember Baileys pass, but the stream worked well and hopefully is worthwhile for them.

• Like 1

Just who within the club actually put that side together and thought 'oooh yeah that looks good'? Awful side...sorry. 

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Just who within the club actually put that side together and thought 'oooh yeah that looks good'? Awful side...sorry. 

Well Birmingham keep talking about getting into the play-offs so clearly the management rate the side!

10 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Yup, he was Brummies best rider tonight although in all honesty that’s not really saying much. Morris was ok and Pearson had a couple of recent rides but the Bears won comfortably without riding that well really. Worrying signs for the Brummies.

Lawson was excellent and nice to see Mulford get a win and a couple of points in other rides. Expected more from Hume but can’t really complain about a convincing away win.

Not a lot of good racing, can only really remember Baileys pass, but the stream worked well and hopefully is worthwhile for them.

Summed up quite well ....although Cook was ruthless in passing King in Heat 9 ?

Ref dropped a couple of clangers IMO....I don't think Morris moved in Heat 7 (start) and I don't understand why he re-started Heat 13 when Lawson clearly penalised himself by moving....these things happen I guess. 

We 'Bham' have one of the weakest sides in the clubs history...'who actually assembled this team I wonder'!?

Bowtell/Proctor first to go IMO!

Zach Cook was the only highlight last night! Great choice of guest... give the manager credit for that....shame the other choice of guest couldn't contribute to the team's tally! (not criticising young Joe here...he tried his best).

Track was slick as....which produced boring/processional racing!

Edited by GiveusaB

10 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

No grip for Hume...he tried to work every inch of the track...just nothing there!

Sounds harsh I know but the Brummies are actually stronger with guests for James Wright. 

Who is available when changes can be made? Surely they won't continue like this?

• Like 1

Yes it's early days and nowt is won in April/May however this Birmingham team as it stands will not win anything, Yes they have a good No1 but his high average was built on being very very good around his former home Track at Leicester, take away that home track average and it is/was obvious to most people his average would drop, but that high average limits the remaining team building possibilities, that is the start of where the team building has imo gone wrong, yes it was also thought that this would be a strong team at home and that they could get the odd away point.

I will say again, I have a lot of time for Laurence Rogers and he spends many hours doing good things within Speedway, but a good team manager he is NOT, whoever makes the decisions at Birmingham Speedway should be on the phone to Alun Rossiter and do whatever it takes to get him in as Team Manager at Birmingham, because take it from me Birmingham people will not spend their hard earned money on watching this team as it presently stands.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but something needs to be done otherwise I can see the West Midlands being without Speedway in the not to distant future.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Yes it's early days and nowt is won in April/May however this Birmingham team as it stands will not win anything, Yes they have a good No1 but his high average was built on being very very good around his former home Track at Leicester, take away that home track average and it is/was obvious to most people his average would drop, but that high average limits the remaining team building possibilities, that is the start of where the team building has imo gone wrong, yes it was also thought that this would be a strong team at home and that they could get the odd away point.

I will say again, I have a lot of time for Laurence Rogers and he spends many hours doing good things within Speedway, but a good team manager he is NOT, whoever makes the decisions at Birmingham Speedway should be on the phone to Alun Rossiter and do whatever it takes to get him in as Team Manager at Birmingham, because take it from me Birmingham people will not spend their hard earned money on watching this team as it presently stands.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but something needs to be done otherwise I can see the West Midlands being without Speedway in the not to distant future.

Been saying this for months!

I swear I heard L Rogers say Birmingham will be a suprise package this year. I remember listening think ' il have what he's having'. Got to feel to the fans the team is poor. Too reliant on Morris and sedgmen..

• Like 1