British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

Ever heard of public transport?

I don't believe it! Have you ever tried to get to and from Tottenham Hotspur stadium by public transport? Possibly the worst transport links in London!

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't believe it! Have you ever tried to get to and from Tottenham Hotspur stadium by public transport? Possibly the worst transport links in London!

Yes! I have on many occasions and never had any problems.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vic Meldrew said:

Yes! I have on many occasions and never had any problems.

I don't believe it!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, iainb said:

Overground station less than 5 minutes walk and a couple of tube stations about 15-20 minutes walk. I prefer the walk to the tube personally so I can stop and have a pint.

so it’s not that bad.

8 hours ago, Tim G said:

Overground station less than 5 minutes walk and a couple of tube stations about 15-20 minutes walk. I prefer the walk to the tube personally so I can stop and have a pint.

so it’s not that bad.

Compared to the London Stadium & Wembley, the transport is terrible. I've only ever been to concerts at these stadiums. When I went to Spurs the trains were on strike but the last train would have left before the concert had finished and the walk to the underground is more like 30 mins, I'm OK as I'm able to walk that, not everybody is though... and then I've still got to get home to Leicester

I was at Wembley today for the women's FA Cup Final.

Early on, not long after the gates opened, they showed a 100 Years of Wembley film on the 2 big screens. This featured various clips from the many different types of events held at Wembley over the years.

Included, albeit flashing by very quickly were two monochrome clips of speedway at Wembley. One featuring a close up of two or three riders riding close together, and the other of a rider riding down what looked like the back straight. Hard to say what year but it looked to me like 50's or 60's.

It was nice to see speedway get a mention, although how many people in the stadium would have known what it was, especially with many children attending, is a moot point.

• Like 1