British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

SCUNTHORPE v BIRMINGHAM KO Cup 2nd Leg Fri 5th May

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Is this the same Nathan Ablitt who didn't make it to Armadale with the Colts last season or Mildenhall last month?

That’s the one 

14 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Was sat in the car park. Thunder, lightning everything. On the way home, Never drove in conditions like it. Certainly wouldn't like to do that regularly. 

I live in Ashby, 4 miles south of track & even though it was a storm, the forecast was it would blow over but I did not get a mile down the road as I was struggling to see through my windscreen so stopped & waited. A friend, who lives in Hull did similar & she stopped in S Ferriby.

I coudn't make it but I know folk who went, well they set off anyway.  They got to 10 mins away - hit by total thunderstorm, rain bouncing off the ground, thunder, lightning, couldn't see ahead, so they turned round, meeting was officially called off at 7pm apparently.  Was starting to rain heavily in Hull at that time & my uncle who lives in Newport, not the Welsh place but a village 25ish miles west of Hull, said it was absolutely hammering down.  British weather eh ?...

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

I was already in the stadium undercover in the stand and the whole track was waterlogged within minutes. Pity for the two Brummies fans, also in the stand, for a wasted trip.