British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds85

Question about Rider Replacement

Just thinking of a scenario, which I'm sure has happened before, but I can't think of any myself. Say a team is operating rider replacement for a rider and another one of their lineup goes down injured in the meeting and Injury rider replacement comes into affect, can one of the healthy riders take a R/R for both riders. For example.

Nicki Pedersen (R/R)

Hans Andersen

Richie Worrall

Benjamin Basso

Niels Kristian Iversen (IR/R)

Ben Cook

Jordan Jenkins

Could Richie Worrall theoretically take a R/R for Nicki AND Niels, or can he only have one a meeting regardless of if it's for 2 riders or not. If Richie ended up in heat 15 too, he would have 7 rides.

Cheers, I'm sure someone knows the rulebook inside out, but I don't :D

In short, Yes.

If a team is operating R/R then his rides can be taken by the rider immediately above him in the averages and anyone below.

If a rider gets injured during the meeting and they are able to use IRR, then the IRR rides can be taken by anyone with an average below him

A rider could therefore take an R/R ride for one rider and also take an IRR ride for the other.

But limited to 7 rides so couldn't have RR, IRR, a TS and ht 15.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But limited to 7 rides so couldn't have RR, IRR, a TS and ht 15.

Correct

Thank you all for your answers, I was 90% sure, but I don't know the rules very well (Does anyone?) I know a rider is limited to 7 rides, but wasn't sure if a rider could take two R/R rides in one meeting, as unlikely as that scenario is, Cheers.