British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Auto Coachwork Diamonds 1993 Season

I am trying to find what matches of the Newcastle Auto Coachwork Diamonds 1993 Season on video/DVD I am missing from Brough Park this was Stuart Robeson's first season at this level also the year Paul Thorp rode of us as well as Garry Stead!

The Reason for this I am trying to ascertain which match it was where Richard Juul got injured and the ambulance had to stop three times on the way to hospital this is long before the Wolverhampton incident may I add, I know it happened as I was there that night, rare for me to attend a full meeting in those days!

I do have what I believe is most of the matches that year at home, but still not got that meeting in my archives.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Mike

7 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

94 or 95 Richard Juul had a big big get off at Oxford, that's probably the one you're thinking of

No as said above it was before that, it was before we closed down at the end of 1994 while he was a Newcastle asset!

9 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

94 or 95 Richard Juul had a big big get off at Oxford, that's probably the one you're thinking of

His big off at Oxford was when he was riding for Wolverhampton. Massive injuries when the medics were going to do serious surgery to his leg and ankle which Dicki and his wife refused to let them do. He was ages on the crutches trying to get the leg to heal with a lot of skin damage. Diamond fans used to go to Cleveland Park then with Dicki who used to talk broken legs with my wife after she fell off her pedal bike around the same time. Dicki could well have lost his leg.

29 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

His big off at Oxford was when he was riding for Wolverhampton. Massive injuries when the medics were going to do serious surgery to his leg and ankle which Dicki and his wife refused to let them do. He was ages on the crutches trying to get the leg to heal with a lot of skin damage. Diamond fans used to go to Cleveland Park then with Dicki who used to talk broken legs with my wife after she fell off her pedal bike around the same time. Dicki could well have lost his leg.

That was a serious injury no doubt about it however that is not the match I'm referring to as stated in the first post, I made it was Newcastle in 1993 and the ambulance had to stop on the way to hospital  (the general) three times even dickie himself had forgotten about it until I was talking about it to him a while ago!

Edited by mike7164
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I remember his mum coming to Oxford a week or two later to thank the Paramedics and Firstaiders. 

He came back to Oxford a couple of seasons later and was a bit tentative, understandably in his first ride, but then went at it full tilt.

Bigger balls than me

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2023 at 12:22 PM, mike7164 said:

I am trying to find what matches of the Newcastle Auto Coachwork Diamonds 1993 Season on video/DVD I am missing from Brough Park this was Stuart Robeson's first season at this level also the year Paul Thorp rode of us as well as Garry Stead!

The Reason for this I am trying to ascertain which match it was where Richard Juul got injured and the ambulance had to stop three times on the way to hospital this is long before the Wolverhampton incident may I add, I know it happened as I was there that night, rare for me to attend a full meeting in those days!

I do have what I believe is most of the matches that year at home, but still not got that meeting in my archives.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Mike

Still trying to get the confirmation on Richards's injury from this season, after further investigation it appears that one of the matches I don't have is Newcastle vs Rye House on the 30th of May this was a rare two matches in two days as the 31st of May saw Newcastle against Long Eaton which I have that match.

Does anybody have the video/dvd of this match, or even a program that could confirm this? I have the match on the 31st so it is not that one.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi, got the programme for  30th May 1993. Hope the scan works

IMG.bmp

Edited by oggyNZ

On 5/31/2023 at 3:37 PM, oggyNZ said:

Hi, got the programme for  30th May 1993. Hope the scan works

IMG.bmp

Thank you for that, it doesn't look like it's that match either then!