British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Wolves v Witches May 22nd

Hume should be good enough to score a few points tonight considering he knows Monmore very well.

Fancy Ipswich to win a close one as I don't think Craig Cook will put up the ridiculously good numbers Nicholls put up for Wolves.

Just now, BassoRacingFan said:

Doyle and Sayfutdinov brought back down to Earth. Ward and Holder were on a different level.

Prat

• Like 3

masters jumping the start in ht 13 and wolves kerb crawling their way to victory.  need a different bike to ride wolves

Edited by chun

Well done Wolves fully deserved and a cracking heat 13 

Didnt expect us to win this but hopefully in the b fixture a couple of our guys will do a bit better 

Concern for Joe now he really isn’t at this level. Great kid and when we go Foxhall his family are lovely people as well but sometimes business comes first 

• Like 2

Ipswich don't have a reserve to put in any kind of Prem Title challenge imo.

Can replace Joe but it won't make much of a difference because Hume is out of his depth at No.6.

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ipswich don't have a reserve to put in any kind of Prem Title challenge imo.

Can replace Joe but it won't make much of a difference because Hume is out of his depth at No.6.

Hume is ok but needs someone with him capable of getting 4 or 5 as well like Kemp or Rowe

Teams are built differently Peterborough have the best number 6 and number 7 but the top end is awful

Belle Vue have a number 6 scoring 8 or 9 and a number 7 who can’t score 

Wolves 6 and 7 are only getting 9 between them as well 

Ipswich is built top heavy but if our 2 reserves can get 9 between them we will be fine ….. at the moment Hume is getting 5 or 6 and Joe is lucky to get 1 so Hume has a lot of pressure on him 

Edited by Gavan

20 minutes ago, chun said:

masters jumping the start in ht 13 and wolves kerb crawling their way to victory.  need a different bike to ride wolves

Have to say I thought he got a right flyer there! Was half expecting it to be recalled - Wolves strong at home this year for sure. feel this was lost and won at reserve tonight!

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

Well done Wolves fully deserved and a cracking heat 13 

Didnt expect us to win this but hopefully in the b fixture a couple of our guys will do a bit better 

Concern for Joe now he really isn’t at this level. Great kid and when we go Foxhall his family are lovely people as well but sometimes business comes first 

Good display by Wolves ...Luke would  have scored more than C.Cook ...

What on earth was the ref doing in heat 13? Masters with one of the worst flyers you'll see

• Like 1

Entertaining meeting, must admit I would have called ht 13 back too. Sad to think only one or two more trips to Monmore before it has gone (I know the stadium will still be there)

15 hours ago, chun said:

15 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Have to say I thought he got a right flyer there! Was half expecting it to be recalled - Wolves strong at home this year for sure. feel this was lost and won at reserve tonight!

I've watched it back a few times now, and have to disagree with you, it was just a good gate. So was Schleins in heat 11 which was pulled back. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I've watched it back a few times now, and have to disagree with you, it was just a good gate. So was Schleins in heat 11 which was pulled back. 

I agree.Nigel Pearson would often comment he didn't think trying to anticipate the tapes wasn't a crime,and if you got it wrong then you were penalised,whereas a roller was a completely different matter.

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

I agree.Nigel Pearson would often comment he didn't think trying to anticipate the tapes wasn't a crime,and if you got it wrong then you were penalised,whereas a roller was a completely different matter.

Perason must have watched 100's of rollers at Spoons with Gundersen.....................................