British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Wolves day/night

Well done wolves! 

Masters steps up when needed.  Not the best of Monmore tonight however close score kept things interesting. 
Good to see Wolves get the better of the Aces today. 

20 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Might end up 45-45 here, and then there will be TWO super heats!

I am not sure what would happen in a scenario  where they were level after the super heat?

5 minutes ago, eric i said:

I am not sure what would happen in a scenario  where they were level after the super heat?

Pretty sure it's a super heat for the draw on the night, and a second super heat for the aggregate bonus point.

Edit: I'm wrong. The AGM press release stated: "Should both meetings between two clubs result in draws, and therefore the aggregate scores are also tied, one Super Heat will be held which will resolve both the meeting victory in the second match, and the aggregate bonus point."

Edited by Bojangles

Well, as a neutral, I thought it was a decent enough meeting. Racing wasn’t always thrilling but a close contest and a last heat decider. 

Seen a lot worse.

• Like 3

Gate one for Masters in heats 13 & 15 proved crucial. I'll never be a huge fan of Monmore Green but it was very watchable tonight. Two good contests across the day by the sound of it

• Like 4

Well I enjoyed that - slightly mystified that the adverts break just shows replays - also some odd gaps in the presentation but otherwise for a neutral it was an enjoyable close meeting - well done both sides

I like them showing the odd races from Peterborough as well - and Scott was a decent expert in residence with his analysis.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

disgraceful comment, although expected.

Well I for one will be gutted - used to enjoy going there in the late 80s we holidayed in Shropshire for 2-3 years and my old man took me to both Wolves and Cradley - losing Cradley was bad and losing Wolves would be just as bad - I remember a Wolves Cradley 45-45 draw in 1989 I think it was - one of the very best meetings I ever saw! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Not sure why people are moaning I thought that was a good meeting.  Good racing, track decent and a last heat decider.  Been a great day of racing between these two teams.  Both of these teams will be in the play offs.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, chun said:

i don’t think anyone outside wolverhampton will be sad to see monmore go

What a rediculous comment, we need as many tracks as possible & can't afford to lose any.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

People who think speedway should just be about opening the throttle are clueless 

Monmore is different and requires a different skill set …. Bewley looks fast but is not riding the right lines but his natural ability gets him there

There has been lots of close racing and plenty of overtaking and not just from mistakes 

Those who constantly slate Wolves track are just clowns who would rather we had no speedway I guess

Ive seen dull meetings at all tracks it happens 

Then we have people slagging off the presentation…. It’s not the best but it’s better than no speedway and I think Scott is superb … Abbie is fine and I just think Kelvin is a bit lost on his own but that shows how good Pearson actually was

Call yourself speedway fans and all you do is moan 

Monmore Green has been around for many many years, do "fans" expect the club to just abandon the stadium because the track is on the small side & riders who have only learnt to go flat out can't ride it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Interviews on Discovery plus. Sold out by the arseholes who signed up the rights to this shower who are showing the sport and you have to wonder what the agenda is/has been of the BSPL and any other authority who has had a say in this farce.

FWIW I actually like certain aspects of what the coverage is trying to achieve, but the overall effect is, sadly, consistently undermined by basic errors. Rounding off with a look at the league table is admirable, but would work rather better if it took into account the result of the match that's just been broadcast...

• Haha 1