British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08/06/22

It's the second tough home test for the Stars in a row at this Thursday.

Considering it was his first time on track, Artem did OK in his first meeting last week against Holder, Toby, and Co.  This week he isn't going to get it any easier with Bewley and Kurtz in town. 

But I'm confident he will put up a great show, now he has had a meeting under his belt. But he will need plenty of support from his team mates, unlike last time out, if the Stars are going to get anything from this meeting.

Dan and Brady are enough, but then you've got Wright who is averaging 8.60 away from the NSS so far this season, and Lidsey who is going well, not forgetting Blodorn at reserve.

Time for Messrs,  TJ, Nicolai, Freddy, and MPT to step up to the plate and give Artem some  much needed support come Thursday. 

Thoughts, predictions anyone ?

Edited by Bald Bloke
crap spelling
  • Like 1

Hi BB. 

Saw BV last night against the Witches and they were rampant. Also watched KL last week v Sheffield on BSN and several of their riders went missing.

To be honest, can't see anything but a BV win but I really hope KL do eventually get their act together. Alex Brady has gone out on a limb with the Laguta signing and deserves some success so good luck to him and the team.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hi BB. 

Saw BV last night against the Witches and they were rampant. Also watched KL last week v Sheffield on BSN and several of their riders went missing.

To be honest, can't see anything but a BV win but I really hope KL do eventually get their act together. Alex Brady has gone out on a limb with the Laguta signing and deserves some success so good luck to him and the team.

Thanks:t:. Alex is pretty new to all of this, and is learning on the job, as they say. He certainly wants the Stars to be successful, and is putting his money where his mouth, as the saying goes. This season isn't working out, so far. As you know we have  replaced KK with a world class rider in Laguta, which is great. But he   has no one to back him up.. We were built to be a solid team, with a very strong reserve. All our middle order riders needed to have a good season for it to have worked out., but so far they have been pretty poor. 

An away win for BV 40-50, definitely needs the Lynn engine room to turn up if they have any chance of keeping this one close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

52-38 to the Aces

Don’t think you will be far wrong with this 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's the second tough home test for the Stars in a row at this Thursday.

Considering it was his first time on track, Artem did OK in his first meeting last week against Holder, Toby, and Co.  This week he isn't going to get it any easier with Bewley and Kurtz in town. 

But I'm confident he will put up a great show, now he has had a meeting under his belt. But he will need plenty of support from his team mates, unlike last time out, if the Stars are going to get anything from this meeting.

Dan and Brady are enough, but then you've got Wright who is averaging 8.60 away from the NSS so far this season, and Lidsey who is going well, not forgetting Blodorn at reserve.

Time for Messrs,  TJ, Nicolai, Freddy, and MPT to step up to the plate and give Artem some  much needed support come Thursday. 

Thoughts, predictions anyone ?

Same for Thomson. I think he will be improved as well. Getting that first meeting out of the way always gets a monkey of the back. I can imagine the track will be prepared a lot differently this week and am predicting a slicker surface. Whether that plays advantage or not to KL remains to be seen. 

22 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Same for Thomson. I think he will be improved as well. Getting that first meeting out of the way always gets a monkey of the back. I can imagine the track will be prepared a lot differently this week and am predicting a slicker surface. Whether that plays advantage or not to KL remains to be seen. 

Yep, Kye will be glad he get the first one out of the way. Last week Alex had the track prepared as 6 of the riders had asked for, so 'm not sure what we will get Thursday.

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Really thought Stars would have made at least one more change. There was little fight last week.

I wouldn't the surprised if there wasn't another one, if Thursday's meeting don't go well.

46 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wouldn't the surprised if there wasn't another one, if Thursday's meeting don't go well.

Last chance saloon for some, I would imagine.

I can't see past a BV win either. Hope I'm wrong. We need to see some fight from the rest of the team this week and that was sadly lacking last week. I'd almost settle for a (small) defeat if we saw some decent racing....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

I can't see past a BV win either. Hope I'm wrong. We need to see some fight from the rest of the team this week and that was sadly lacking last week. I'd almost settle for a (small) defeat if we saw some decent racing....

My thoughts entirely 

The Compost Corner carrot munchers won't hit 40 :D

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The Compost Corner carrot munchers won't hit 40 :D

Know your place :P

image.jpeg.8b4311541e3cdd19b8e43660f642388f.jpeg

• Like 1