British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08/06/22

I’m not as confident as you guys. We will get close but it’s a track we tend to struggle on. Blodorn and Brennan not been great for us there in the past. 

I can’t see laguta being troubled if I’m honest. I saw enough last week to say there will be a massive improvement tomorrow. 

is the farm shop near by still closed down??! Or as it re opened under new management. 

On 6/6/2023 at 7:33 PM, FromBendThree said:

Really thought Stars would have made at least one more change. There was little fight last week.

Need to make sure they can find someone who strengthens them (& is affordable) not just changing for the sake of it (like Edinburgh, who I think now look weaker or Plymouth who look weaker away, but maybe not at home).

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Need to make sure they can find someone who strengthens them (& is affordable) not just changing for the sake of it (like Edinburgh, who I think now look weaker or Plymouth who look weaker away, but maybe not at home).

Too much focus on away form. home form pays the bills 

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I’m not as confident as you guys. We will get close but it’s a track we tend to struggle on. Blodorn and Brennan not been great for us there in the past. 

I can’t see laguta being troubled if I’m honest. I saw enough last week to say there will be a massive improvement tomorrow. 

is the farm shop near by still closed down??! Or as it re opened under new management. 

If youre talking about the one on the A17 the farm shop itself is open, but the cafe next to is closed down. Believe the one on the other side of the road is open though

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, therefused said:

If youre talking about the one on the A17 the farm shop itself is open, but the cafe next to is closed down. Believe the one on the other side of the road is open though

Greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
gutted about the cafe. What a place that was. Lovely food. I was preying they re-opened it. 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Too much focus on away form. home form pays the bills 

For that reason alone I would have kept KK (till he missed Sheffield away but rode in Poland the next day - I'm assuming he knew he was getting dropped, but still unprofessional imo)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The Compost Corner carrot munchers won't hit 40 :D

About on par with your lot then :lol:

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

For that reason alone I would have kept KK (till he missed Sheffield away but rode in Poland the next day - I'm assuming he knew he was getting dropped, but still unprofessional imo)

If i was Alex i would of dropped him as well. I presume he was on a guarantee like most of the "Big names" are. I understand you need to win your home meetings, but for arguments sake, lets say  he was on £3k a meeting. His 2 home meetings he averaged 10.40 , i know this  probably would of dropped off to 8 -9  in time, but still acceptable, so pay him his money..Then averages 2.91 over his 3 away meetings, and looked like a disinterested novice.. I wouldn't want to give him £3k for that. It's taking the pee imho. The season is to short to give him say 10 meetings to see if he bucks his ideas up.

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If i was Alex i would of dropped him as well. I presume he was on a guarantee like most of the "Big names" are. I understand you need to win your home meetings, but for arguments sake, lets say  he was on £3k a meeting. His 2 home meetings he averaged 10.40 , i know this  probably would of dropped off to 8 -9  in time, but still acceptable, so pay him his money..Then averages 2.91 over his 3 away meetings, and looked like a disinterested novice.. I wouldn't want to give him £3k for that. It's taking the pee imho. The season is to short to give him say 10 meetings to see if he bucks his ideas up.

Still don't get why Lynn signed him in the first place. I said in the winter that it was the most random signing ever and the Aussie sun must have got to Alex's head and I stand by that comment! :D

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still don't get why Lynn signed him in the first place. I said in the winter that it was the most random signing ever and the Aussie sun must have got to Alex's head and I stand by that comment! :D

Hoping he would average 9-10 at home and 5-6 away rather than 2 I'd imagine. Its frustrating as he looked a million dollars in most of his rides at Lynm but there you go.

Edited by Bagpuss

1 hour ago, DBP said:

Kurtz out now r/r will make a big difference 

Should be a close one.

Maybe Brady might have been better off trying to negotiate with KK again instead of dropping him, if it was say a £3k guarantee per meeting for arguments sake, say I am happy to pay £3k a meeting for home matches based on your form, but due to your away scores instead of dropping you we will pay you £200 a point,  KK would then have to make the decision, bet if that was on the table and he took it, those away scores would soon improve