British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08/06/22

17 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Really thought Stars would have made at least one more change. There was little fight last week.

17 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wouldn't the surprised if there wasn't another one, if Thursday's meeting don't go well.

Of course there will be another one ............................... when Pickering is fit.

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Of course there will be another one ............................... when Pickering is fit.

Won't he slot back in for Kye?

That is what all the talk was about when you re-declared with 2 in as Pickering is/was 5.92 & Thomson 4.45 & was not a 1 for 1 injury replacement. So to bring Pickering back would take you over the 39 point threshold so Pickering would be likely to come back 1 for 1 for either TJ or Klindt who are above his CMA at the moment.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

That is what all the talk was about when you re-declared with 2 in as Pickering is/was 5.92 & Thomson 4.45 & was not a 1 for 1 injury replacement. So to bring Pickering back would take you over the 39 point threshold so Pickering would be likely to come back 1 for 1 for either TJ or Klindt who are above his CMA at the moment.

Yep. As you say, it would put us 1.04 over at the moment, if we swapped back. But we are home to BV and Leicester, and away at BV and Wolves this month, so plenty of time for our team averages to drop. On the other hand Kye could go wel,. and as you say it'll TJ or Klindt  that might be looking over their shoulder.

If Picko does come back in i hope they wait until is fully fit, because he  didn't start the season  to well, he only averaged 4.36 in the 3 meetings before his injury.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Know your place :P

image.jpeg.8b4311541e3cdd19b8e43660f642388f.jpeg

Handsome animal  - very fitting where replying to me :D

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yep. As you say, it would put us 1.04 over at the moment, if we swapped back. But we are home to BV and Leicester, and away at BV and Wolves this month, so plenty of time for our team averages to drop. On the other hand Kye could go wel,. and as you say it'll TJ or Klindt  that might be looking over their shoulder.

If Picko does come back in i hope they wait until is fully fit, because he  didn't start the season  to well, he only averaged 4.36 in the 3 meetings before his injury.

If team averages drop then that would mean riders averages have dropped but some may improve (Laguta & Thomson after 3H 3A) but others (TJ & Klindt) at risk so could be a difficult balancing act. I think you need to see Pickering back at Edinburgh first to guage any other change.

• Like 1

Shame Sheffield are riding at home otherwise I’d have tried to get their whole team to guest in place of our lot :D

Think I’ve seen Sheffield win at the AFA more times in the past two seasons than Lynn :o

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Shame Sheffield are riding at home otherwise I’d have tried to get their whole team to guest in place of our lot :D

Think I’ve seen Sheffield win at the AFA more times in the past two seasons than Lynn :o

:D

Cue seven positive Covid tests...

15 minutes ago, Speedball said:

I was going to say, maybe we should raid them for a few of their riders for next season. But Picko came to us on 7.38. And Lewis left us  on 4.50 (7.11 this season).So who knows:)

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Are you sure? After a poor start at Wolves he scored eleven at Sheffield and paid ten at home to Wolves.

59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Are you sure? After a poor start at Wolves he scored eleven at Sheffield and paid ten at home to Wolves.

Sheffield was cup so doesn't count towards averages...

Just now, StarBoy said:

Sheffield was cup so doesn't count towards averages...

Yep fair enough but Bald Bloke was referring to the three meetings he rode in before his injury as an idea of his form, I make it 5.24/6.19 from those three without/with bonuses.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Yep fair enough but Bald Bloke was referring to the three meetings he rode in before his injury as an idea of his form, I make it 5.24/6.19 from those three without/with bonuses.

Understood. Either way he certainly wasn't performing to what his average was when he came in. However, I will say that the league is stronger than when he was at Sheffield in 2021. 

To be fair,Josh scored heavily against Kings Lynn home and away in 2021 and that rather boosted his average,so much so that the Tigers couldn't for him in for 2022!

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I got it from the Speedway GB website.