British Speedway Forum
iris123

Andrew Silver

Guest BilaHora

Mr Topcat

I fancy you will find he was defeated by a certain Hans Neilsen during proceedings.

Regards

BilaHora

Guest cheetahhawk
Didn't he throw his helmet at through the referee's box at Hackney in the 80s?

I think you are getting mixed up a little here as it was Martin Goodwin who threw his helmet through the ref's box window at Hackney in the eighties.I know ,I was there. :D

Guest BilaHora

Ms cheetahhawk

What a splendid little rider Martin Goodwin was.

Regards

BilaHora

Guest cheetahhawk
Ms cheetahhawk

What a splendid little rider Martin Goodwin was.

Regards

BilaHora

Not to Hackney fans BilaHora :shock: (not our favourite rider when he was at Arena) :sad:

Didn't he throw his helmet at through the referee's box at Hackney in the 80s?

I think you are getting mixed up a little here as it was Martin Goodwin who threw his helmet through the ref's box window at Hackney in the eighties.I know ,I was there. :D

The incident you refer to happened in 1991, when Martin had moved from Arena to Rye House. He was subsequently banned for the rest of the season.

Edited by Cliv Clav

So did he do it twice then once at Hackney in the 80's and somewhere else in the 90's fiery little bugga wasn't he........ :lol:

So did he do it twice then once at Hackney in the 80's and somewhere else in the 90's fiery little bugga wasn't he........  :lol:

Just the once.

I remember in 1990, Martin climbing up to the ref's box at Arena and shaking the glasses of one referee whilst he was still wearing them. The poor ref looked very scared :lol:

Guest cheetahhawk
Sorry CH. I realised as soon as I clicked "add reply" that it was Martin Goodwin! I was there too but I was young then and the memory fades with age :oops:

No problems schumifan, I couldn't quite remember the year it happened but I know that Mr Goodwin was shall we say "peeved" as he got excluded and I think he thought it was Paul whittaker should have been the one to get excluded.

I bet you aren't as old as me though :lol:

Guest rob123
Mr rob123

I cannot copy the videos but - if you can - I could send you the video and you could return it once complete.

The 1987 Edinburgh versus Arena Essex meeting contains a wonderful "...Dick Barrie moment". After the end of the first heat - won by young Master Silver - Mr Barrie announces: "...did you see that...did you see that...anyone at the pits gate...send him round again...he's the new track record holder...no he's not...fastest time of the season".

Regards

BilaHora

Hi BilaHora

Can I take you up on that video offer noe I have moved house?

my e-mail address is rbrtgower@aol.com

Cheers

Rob

Guest bonger

Hi, i would love some vidio footage of Andrew racing. Could you email me the details and how much money you need. bianchiman2000@yahoo.com

Many thanks.

Hi, i would love some vidio footage of Andrew racing. Could you email me the details and how much money you need.  bianchiman2000@yahoo.com

Many thanks.

I have a couple of home speedway videos from Eastbourne 1992, 4 hours long, lots of andrew on them. call me on 07751978331 or e-mail me.

Sorry CH. I realised as soon as I clicked "add reply" that it was Martin Goodwin! I was there too but I was young then and the memory fades with age :oops:

No problems schumifan, I couldn't quite remember the year it happened but I know that Mr Goodwin was shall we say "peeved" as he got excluded and I think he thought it was Paul whittaker should have been the one to get excluded.

I bet you aren't as old as me though :lol:

In martins defence he wouldnt have got so peeved if lew strip had listened to what he had to say instead of bumping up his fine every time he went to say something, and as for the helmet thing that was a pure accident....

If he had thrown it through the window why did he walk back to the pits with the chin piece still in his hand??

Edited by lisag

Guest rob123

BilaHora

Did you get my reply to your e-mail re Silver vids from 86 and 87???