British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Leicester v Belle Vue

Well, seeing that Mullard has not started a thread I guess I should...

LEICESTER host Belle Vue in a mouth-watering clash of two in-form sides at the Pidcock Motorcycles Arena, Beaumont Park on Thursday (7.30pm).

The Watling JCB Lions are in great shape after four wins in their last five matches, including last week’s terrific victory over Ipswich which was a major boost to their play-off prospects.

But this is in many ways an even tougher test with the Aces flying high at the top of the Sports Insure Premiership table, having gone six points clear thanks to home and away wins over King’s Lynn in the last week.

The Manchester side won at the Adrian Flux Arena without skipper Brady Kurtz, underlining the power throughout their unit, and of course they bring with them British Champion and GP star Dan Bewley, and Kurtz’s fellow Australian star Jaimon Lidsey who is having an excellent season and now holds a heat-leader berth.

Both sides are at full strength with the Lions giving a full debut to new Rising Star signing Drew Kemp, who was so impressive as a guest against Ipswich last week.

And with memories still fresh of the Aces’ last visit to the East Midlands in April, another thrilling encounter is expected.

On that occasion the sides traded the lead before the Lions established a six-point advantage – only to be reeled back in over the closing stages as the match ended 45-45, before the Aces took the extra league point in a Super Heat.

Leicester boss Stewart Dickson said: “This is a big meeting and although I wouldn’t say I’m concerned about it, we know it’s going to be very tough.

“We remember drawing with them here and then them winning the Super Heat, and we also have to be mindful of how well they’re riding at the moment.

“But we are also riding well collectively, and we’re really getting things together around our own track.

“Our recent home performances have been excellent and we need to be focused on getting another win, get past Belle Vue, and then we can turn our attentions to a couple of away matches.”

A reminder that gates open at the Pidcock Motorcycles Arena, Beaumont Park at 6pm, with the meeting getting underway at 7.30pm.

*DAN Thompson, who was released by the Watling JCB Lions upon the signing of Drew Kemp, has now agreed a deal to join Ipswich in the Rising Star position – ironically taking the place of his twin brother Joe. He makes his Witches debut at Sheffield on Thursday.

LEICESTER: Max Fricke, Justin Sedgmen, Richard Lawson, Chris Harris, Nick Morris, Jake Allen, Drew Kemp.
BELLE VUE: Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Jaimon Lidsey, Charles Wright, Brady Kurtz, Norick Blodorn, Jake Mulford.

I don't wish tomorrow evening to be anything like tonight (at Oxford).

Can I pay on the gate?

Where do I park?

Anywhere nearby decent fodder emporium?

1 hour ago, Col said:

I don't wish tomorrow evening to be anything like tonight (at Oxford).

Can I pay on the gate?

Where do I park?

Anywhere nearby decent fodder emporium?

Yes you can pay at the stadium, cash or card, just queue up at the ticket office.

In the stadium car park. If its full Tesco's but it has a three or four hour limit. Please check the signs.

Decent fodder, in the lap of the gods. Possible the chippybin tbe shopping centre best option, along with Subway.

4 hour limit in the shopping centre car park 

This Tesco - 100 New Park St, Leicester LE3 5NJ?
I've got a ticket now.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

It's not bad grub for a franchise pub. Have used it a few times.:t:

Me and my dad will be in there around 4ish. Good start to the evening 

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Me and my dad will be in there around 4ish. Good start to the evening 

I think you woll have to use the same car park as for the shopping complex  so check the notices about the four hour parking rule! I would hate your evening to be spoilt by you getting a ticket! 

Lordy it isn't easy to find the blinking stadium cat park, I assume because the road the Sat Nav sends you down is shut.  Can't always be this difficult.

Directions should say "behind the leisure centre" and I'd have found it immediately.  Sadly you don't see the signpost if you approach from the direction I approached from.

And all the diversions signs have "Tesco" written on them.

Think the Lions will win this one they have been improving since our last visit and can see them developing into a solid unit. I went into the chippy in the shopping centre last time and have to say the fish and chips were good quality. Walked into Anstey to try the real ale in the old  hare and hounds, they do food all day too.

For some reason they're doing a draw on the centre green for a competition to allow a scout group or football club etc. in for free. I have to ask why is it a "competition draw", surely they should be getting all of these groups in for free at some point during the season, these are potentially the next generation of fan,  beggars can't be choosers!

• Like 3