British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Berwick Wed 21st June CL

17 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

P.s Going back to the 'topic'...Batch definitely moved in his first heat...was expecting a re-start and a warning! (not that it matters now) :D

Been so long since he rode he probably had forgotten the rules so they let him off...:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

P.s Going back to the 'topic'...Batch definitely moved in his first heat...was expecting a re-start and a warning! (not that it matters now) :D

He did yes, and got a flyer. 

8 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Yes, but we have run within a budget.

And how jealous of us are Newcastle fans?

We might be getting beaten home and away, but at least we have a team.

Better to have a team and lose regularly, than not have a team at all.

And our Car Park is Free.

You reckon?  Most fans want to see a winning team.  If they don't get that, they stop going and eventually the money stops coming through and you are then fighting against survival and, more often than not, that is a losing battle and you no longer have a speedway team.  Another problem at Berwick, and it's only my opinion, the racing is usually rubbish, so you can't (usually) say "well we got beat again, but at least the racing was good".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

You reckon?  Most fans want to see a winning team.  If they don't get that, they stop going and eventually the money stops coming through and you are then fighting against survival and, more often than not, that is a losing battle and you no longer have a speedway team.  Another problem at Berwick, and it's only my opinion, the racing is usually rubbish, so you can't (usually) say "well we got beat again, but at least the racing was good".

Bit rich calling the racing rubbish from a newcastle fan lol

10 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Bit rich calling the racing rubbish from a newcastle fan lol

Saw a lot more racing at Brough than I have ever seen at Shielfield IMO.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Saw a lot more racing at Brough than I have ever seen at Shielfield IMO.

Away riders hitting holes and bumps and being passed isn’t really racing IMO

• Like 2

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Away riders hitting holes and bumps and being passed isn’t really racing IMO

Sadly the Newcastle track became a bit difficult in the latter seasons of racing 

Shame really as in the glory days it was such a good place to go with good teams in the Diamonds colours 

It really became a shambles last year and it must be tough for Newcastle fans to see the decline with it seems no hope for way back

I can't see the point of folks hitting out at other tracks though

Berwick is what it is !

It's around a football ground and we know that can be limited

Keep the faith folk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Sadly the Newcastle track became a bit difficult in the latter seasons of racing 

Shame really as in the glory days it was such a good place to go with good teams in the Diamonds colours 

It really became a shambles last year and it must be tough for Newcastle fans to see the decline with it seems no hope for way back

I can't see the point of folks hitting out at other tracks though

Berwick is what it is !

It's around a football ground and we know that can be limited

Keep the faith folk

Exactly Berwick is what it is. Track was widened in 2020 we have seen some decent racing especially last season with Bomber, and we have had meetings that were not so decent but that is how it goes. Redcar & Scunthorpe are probably 2 of the tracks where you expect passing week in and out.

• Like 2