British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Peterborough v Belle Vue Monday June 26th live on Eurosport

If we signed Tungate could NKI move to 4 and Worrall be ditched? Hypothetical cos it will never happen sadly.

Went along, as a neutral. After Workington and Leicester, this was my third meeting in a month (after watching nothing for the best part of two years). I'd better be careful - might get the bug again.

Enjoyed it. Wouldn't rule out a second 'final visit' to the Showground before the bulldozers turn up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

If we signed Tungate could NKI move to 4 and Worrall be ditched? Hypothetical cos it will never happen sadly.

We can't make the play-offs now, so not worth doing anything.

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

But 2 teams there for the sake of it and not competing is no good for anyone. 

Ownership of both clubs needs to change hands asap. 

Why would anyone take over a speedway club, unless they are a fan? As a business proposition it makes no sense at all.

And Peterborough is due to close at the end of the year. If it was your business, would you be investing heavily in the future or just making it by to the bitter death?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Noticed that.   Hans Andersen miles back from the tapes (not that it did him any good), and in another race Jordan Jenkins was way over into the next gate!

He was miles back when the tapes went up :rofl:

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I think you've got a pretty competitive team as it is now... don't forget you were up against the current Champs and table toppers with a number of riders who go really well around the EoES. I thought Andersen looked a lot more on the pace last night, Cook had that silly tapes infringement... I do feel that NKI is exposed at number 1 though

Your in a small minority then because no one I have spoke to recently thinks like you.

At the moment I cannot think of any Premier Team that doesn’t contain at least 4 riders that go really well at the EOES.

3 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Went along, as a neutral. After Workington and Leicester, this was my third meeting in a month (after watching nothing for the best part of two years). I'd better be careful - might get the bug again.

Enjoyed it. Wouldn't rule out a second 'final visit' to the Showground before the bulldozers turn up.

You could be waiting a while for those bull dozers thankfully 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, truthsayer said:

Why would anyone take over a speedway club, unless they are a fan? As a business proposition it makes no sense at all.

And Peterborough is due to close at the end of the year. If it was your business, would you be investing heavily in the future or just making it by to the bitter death?

The chances of Peterborough closing this winter are getting lower but they're not safe yet 

Just now, Flappy said:

The chances of Peterborough closing this winter are getting lower but they're not safe yet 

Very few Panthers fans I spoke to last night were optimistic about the club's future.

Why the stay of execution?

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The point kinda remains though. The business is 'at risk' due to external factors. Not sure I'd be pumping money into a team for a business that might still go to the wall through no fault of my own in a few months' time.

3 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

The bulldozers will not be turning up because the Peterborough Speedway infrastructure will be perfect working order after the last race of 2023 and AEPG have to act upon LP30 before they get a sniff of approval of their yet to be seen planning application. Any attempt to make the track or facilities unfit for purpose will hopefully be noted and subsequently given the reaction such damage would deserve by PCC. I could see new owners getting a 3 year deal until the new Local Plan (with LP30 removed) is agreed in 2026 with that then potentially being the last season unless the track is incorporated into the new facility and planning application.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

The bulldozers will not be turning up because the Peterborough Speedway infrastructure will be perfect working order after the last race of 2023 and AEPG have to act upon LP30 before they get a sniff of approval of their yet to be seen planning application. Any attempt to make the track or facilities unfit for purpose will hopefully be noted and subsequently given the reaction such damage would deserve by PCC. I could see new owners getting a 3 year deal until the new Local Plan (with LP30 removed) is agreed in 2026 with that then potentially being the last season unless the track is incorporated into the new facility and planning application.

Just looked at AEPG's website. "AEPG is a visionary facilitator who unlocks future potential in regenerating land for fiscal and societal gain."

Interesting that "fiscal" comes before "societal".

just watched this meeting, i thought decent racing and Vadim was a pleasure to watch, good to see Mulford going well also, and not giving up his third place to Kurtz.:cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

You could be waiting a while for those bull dozers thankfully 

Sadly we are still waiting for them at Lakeside 5 years down the line!! Regardless of that I hope the Panthers come to the tapes in 2024!