British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Wolves vs Kings Lynn

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I would have thought if they told the truth, they wouldn't be granted a facility and you'd have a junior at number 1... which is no good to anybody. I'll grant you that they've probably tied themselves up in rules of their own making

They'd never have to use a "junior" if they said he's witholding his services, Laguta would get a 28 day ban & Lynn would be allowed guests up to his 8.00 average, if Lynn said we've told him to stay home so we can save money they it's "no facility" so a guest up to 6.00 (75% of his average).

I think it's a massive slap in the face of all fans to just pretend he's injured when he's made a comeback successfully in Poland yesterday!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

If they told the truth they would get a facility for Laguta with holding his services… and probably have a bit of sympathy from their own fans for being honest. Outright lying with a sentence that “Laguta is injured, so Chris Harris guests” is utter b0ll0cks.

Totally agree with everything you've said!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Must admit, I am a bit disappointed by the response of some on here..

No one seems concerned as to Artem's welfare in all of this..

Get well soon Artem...

#prayforartem....

More people believed King's Lynn pit gate was broken than believe Laguta is actually injured

• Haha 6

Just now, szkocjasid said:

More people believed King's Lynn pit gate was broken than believe Laguta is actually injured

interesting wording on the BSPA website - it simply states ruled out!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

They'd never have to use a "junior" if they said he's witholding his services, Laguta would get a 28 day ban & Lynn would be allowed guests up to his 8.00 average, if Lynn said we've told him to stay home so we can save money they it's "no facility" so a guest up to 6.00 (75% of his average).

I think it's a massive slap in the face of all fans to just pretend he's injured when he's made a comeback successfully in Poland yesterday!

The options are:

1. say he's withholding his services = 28 day ban

2. say he's "unavailable" = junior replacement

3. say he's dropped = team re-declaration

4. say he's injured = guest and revert to "normal" for the next match

5. pay him his fee and ride him at Wolves

The option that is best for Buster is clearly option 4, the option that is best for the sport and the fans is option 5. But without option 4 there is not likely to be a King's Lynn speedway next season

• Confused 1

Would be more surprised if someone actually asks Phil for his thoughts on the absence as presumably he'll be at the televised meeting.

Tatum doesn''t have it in him, Scotty won't want to drop an old employer in the mud and 0 expectation of Abi too do it

• Haha 2

suspect Artem is as injured as ruthless Robert was when Belle Vue rode at King’s Lynn after they had won the title last season!

Surgery today for Luke Becker,broken bone in wrist.And like when he broke his leg, neither crashes we're his fault. 

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
  • Sad 1

There will be a few tracks laguta will pick up a mysterious injury. 

but he won’t be injured for home matches luckily 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

The options are:

1. say he's withholding his services = 28 day ban

2. say he's "unavailable" = junior replacement

3. say he's dropped = team re-declaration

4. say he's injured = guest and revert to "normal" for the next match

5. pay him his fee and ride him at Wolves

The option that is best for Buster is clearly option 4, the option that is best for the sport and the fans is option 5. But without option 4 there is not likely to be a King's Lynn speedway next season

I'm positive option 2 still allows them a 6.00 guest, "no facility available" means guests up to 75% of average, not juniors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, justathought said:

I gotta feeling Kings Lynn might do better tonight than most expect .

Maybe because most expect them to score 25/30 points lol!

As much as I tend to enjoy watching Bomber around Monmore, it's a real shame that we won't get a rare chance to see a rider like Laguta visit this evening. Speedway fans, as per usual, are the losers in these scenarios. :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe because most expect them to score 25/30 points lol!

Think it will be close 50-40

What is this all fuss about? Artem "Prigozhin" Laguta is simply afraid to fight at Monmore. :D