British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Justgotmecpc

Newcastle speedway

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

All the above are replaceable with money. The real showstopper will be planning will have, or soon will expire and there is no hope in hell a new application would get through to enable bikes to come back to Brough Park.

the day he announced he was staying for another year whilst banking the cash from the end of an era meeting, stupidly thinking he could make that much money every week with a rubbish team was really the end.That was 24 hrs after he was approached  with a genuine offer to take it over.

He really didn't do the club any favours... In fact it was the total opposite, I don't care what anyone else says... Yeah he might have tried but he refused any help, which he clearly needed and ultimately that spelled the end for the club. He'll not be remembered well by most

Problem is there is no one with enough money who's willing to get permission and build a track/stadium elsewhere, so Newcastle are finished. Unless an old starry eyed fan wins a ridiculous amount on the euromillions, but what's the chances of that :rofl:

It would be interesting to know more details about this genuine offer to take over... If there are any?

Edited by Diamonds85

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

All the above are replaceable with money. The real showstopper will be planning will have, or soon will expire and there is no hope in hell a new application would get through to enable bikes to come back to Brough Park.

the day he announced he was staying for another year whilst banking the cash from the end of an era meeting, stupidly thinking he could make that much money every week with a rubbish team was really the end.That was 24 hrs after he was approached  with a genuine offer to take it over.

Planning permission doesn't expire.

59 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Planning permission doesn't expire.

Not sure about that, but speedway at Brough Park has. :t:

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

That was 24 hrs after he was approached  with a genuine offer to take it over.

Wasn't THJ part of the people who wanted to take over ? 

Anybody heard of THJ recently very quiet on the forums,  but I do know he said he was pi##ed off with speedway after the diamonds fiasco 

11 hours ago, KEITH M said:

The last time we seen any proper speedway at Newcastle ( away teams exempt)was 2019 

Suppose that was when your pal English was in charge I bet

Neila, I was planning a trip over to meet with THJ at the new Workington Track but later he did say that the situation

had changed since I last sent him a PM and he would not be going to any meetings in the future.

The reason's for this are a private matter between Workington and himself and I don't want to say anything about his reason's

but I did say how sorry I was that things hadn't worked out and so I will not bother to visit the new Track as I did so want

to meet up with THJ.

Bob

Edited by scampispeedway

Thanks for the reply, I did hear something !!! Surely you can still visit the northside. arena as its well worth a visit, us comets fans don't bite :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scampispeedway said:

Neila, I was planning a trip over to meet with THJ at the new Workington Track but later he did say that the situation

had changed since I last sent him a PM and he would not be going to any meetings in the future.

The reason's for this are a private matter between Workington and himself and I don't want to say anything about his reason's

but I did say how sorry I was that things hadn't worked out and so I will not bother to visit the new Track as I did so want

to meet up with THJ.

Bob

Oh, a wonder what's happened there then? Shame. :(

Edited by ruffdiamond

Neila, thanks for invite, unfortunately in later years because of my Type 2 Dibetes my legs are not strong enough for being

on my feet for a long time and need a walking stick to get around also I cannot take being outside even on a warm day.

Bob

59 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

Neila, thanks for invite, unfortunately in later years because of my Type 2 Dibetes my legs are not strong enough for being

on my feet for a long time and need a walking stick to get around also I cannot take being outside even on a warm day.

Bob

Sorry for your health problems, but surely the conditions would still be the same when meeting someone at the track. You really need to visit Workington it's a brilliant setup.:t::cheers:

• Like 1

tyretrax, my condition seems to have got worse since my original planned trip and could have met THJ whilst sitting in my

warm car but when he said he was not going to any meetings in the future, that made me decide not to bother making the

trip over.

No matter how good the set up is at Workington, it sadly will join the Redcar's new track that I've also not been to and get

with other things.

Bob

• Like 1