British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves July 6th

This year I don't think transponders are mandatory,,and even if they were,, they don't register till the headstock is over the start/finish line,,,, 

Edited by Baldyman

13 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Are transponders being used or are they too 21st century?

I know they have to be fitted to the bikes prior to the season & then would be able to be used, after testing, around mid June.

I remember seeing a report that a rider beating another rider by 0.001 of a second but can not remember the placings.

Strangely on a close finish on TV they will replay the front wheel going over the line first,,, but the transponders are not in the front wheel,,,

42 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I know they have to be fitted to the bikes prior to the season & then would be able to be used, after testing, around mid June.

I remember seeing a report that a rider beating another rider by 0.001 of a second but can not remember the placings.

Yeah im sure Roynon said last night on BSN that they were compulsory this season and had to be fitted.

4 hours ago, chun said:

masters is becoming notorious for jumping the starts

Definitely got away with a couple last night. Looked a clear one from Douglas in Ht. 14 too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gavan said:

Good to see from King if he can provide solid 9-10 points each week we will be fine …. Riss and Rew struggling 

Exactly. Every Foxhall match this season where King has been paid for double figures, Ipswich have won. Every match (bar one) where he’s been below that mark, they’ve lost. He is absolutely the pivot of the side.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Strangely on a close finish on TV they will replay the front wheel going over the line first,,, but the transponders are not in the front wheel,,,

How would they work on the 2 tracks having different start & finish lines?(Edinburgh & an NDL one I think)

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

How would they work on the 2 tracks having different start & finish lines?(Edinburgh & an NDL one I think)

The NDL one is Kent.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Someone with a stopwatch can time the difference :D

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Siggytastic said:

Are transponders being used or are they too 21st century?

Planned but not fully utilised I believe 

Although given Leicester for example can't even run a 2 min clock on the centre green it may be some time yet for a full suite of modern technology :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Not very well,, unless they use 2 recievers

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Doyle is one of the worlds worst jumpers,,, although he does seem to do it less here,,, but I guess that's cos the competiton isn't so good

He knows he can usually get past that’s why 

On 7/7/2023 at 4:34 PM, IronScorpion said:

Simple answer would be don't allow different start & finish lines.