British Speedway Forum
a4poster

UK Speedway in Turmoil?

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

It’s incredible. It’s difficult to avoid coming across negative, but at the same time, failing to do so is burying your head in the sand and that has gross consequences for speedway in the UK.

There are so many things I’ve noticed, like the volume of heats involving a retirement or the fact that it’s difficult to distinguish between an Elite League line-up and a Premier League line-up (I refuse to acknowledge the Premiership and Championship name change, given the deeper issues), never mind a heat leader and a two or a four.

Also, I’m about to start calling the sport “Premier Inn” because of the number of guests. It’s every single meeting.

You'll find that most people on here will agree that 4 riders racing 4 laps is a good a spectacle as it's ever been, probably the best it's ever been. It's just let down massively by those that administer the sport.

Some will point to the positives of Oxford & Workington, while casting a blind eye to the numerous clubs that are closing at an alarming rate over the last few years

• Like 2