British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

First Sponsored Team Jacket?

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Yes I gave away many of my speedway books when I re-located but have slowly replaced them purchasing off ebay. As for my programmes...a sad loss.

As I said before, my parents got rid of a ton of old programmes (including most of the 1950's World Finals, and Malmo 1961), Speedway Stars and other mags, and a lot of the old Astorias annual. Even now, it kills me to think about it...

• Sad 1

I liked it better when teams had jackets without advertising e.g. in 1964 Newport with black and amber quarters, Middlesbrough with red and white quarters and as I recall Hackney with red and blue quarters and a gold diagonal stripe. I never liked their bue and white checkered  jacket with a hawk on it-too fussy for me!!! Also riders with black leathers other than Broady and Nigel Boocock of course. Life was simpler. Me and my mate would have a pint of beer at the Someron Park bar -Whitbread Trophy as I remember -what happened to that brand for God's sake. On another subject-big thanx to Chunky for keeping up to date the oldest World Finalist List- much appreciated mate

• Like 1