British Speedway Forum
Petecc

Birmingham v Glasgow 12/07/23

Guest facility it is then!

Bugger....Nicholls and Harris both in action next Wednesday :D

If u don't want to take the test your obviously taking drugs simple as that so that's why it's regarded as a failure ...its his own stupid fault 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Guest facility it is then!

Bugger....Nicholls and Harris both in action next Wednesday :D

Ha. Pickering or King best options. Nick ave with extra 5% allowed at home is 9.26 and Dougie is 9.29!! 

19 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Utter rubbish - regardless of whose fault it was, you put on a sub standard product then you can’t expect people to pay for it… and if you do expect that, don’t expect them to return in the future, which has for a long time been speedway’s biggest issue. 

I myself provide a service to my customers on a daily service and if I provided a poor product or service, then I wouldn’t expect people to pay me just because it might mean my business would close. It’s down to me to keep my customer’s happy.

U are correct but like I've been told before on another scenario by a former promoter when.refused a goodwill gesture........"You're a speedway supporter so you have to accept it!"

I never went to that track again while he was the promoter!

1 minute ago, lbw said:

U are correct but like I've been told before on another scenario by a former promoter when.refused a goodwill gesture........"You're a speedway supporter so you have to accept it!"

I never went to that track again while he was the promoter!

Name and shame!! ;)

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Name and shame!! ;)

Rick Frost Peterborough  :nono:

Edited by lbw

34 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Utter rubbish - regardless of whose fault it was, you put on a sub standard product then you can’t expect people to pay for it… and if you do expect that, don’t expect them to return in the future, which has for a long time been speedway’s biggest issue. 

I myself provide a service to my customers on a daily service and if I provided a poor product or service, then I wouldn’t expect people to pay me just because it might mean my business would close. It’s down to me to keep my customer’s happy.

Again, at no point have I suggested Birmingham should expect people to not want a refund. I’m simply making a suggestion that those that can afford to could maybe look at the bigger picture

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ha. Pickering or King best options. Nick ave with extra 5% allowed at home is 9.26 and Dougie is 9.29!! 

Josh Pickering if he's available surely ?  Most exciting rider around Perry Barr apart from Harris 

9 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

10 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Why was no facility granted last night when both clubs can now (rightly) have a facility for the next 30 days?

Guess because he was in the team declared to ride that night.

5 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

Again, at no point have I suggested Birmingham should expect people to not want a refund. I’m simply making a suggestion that those that can afford to could maybe look at the bigger picture

Actually Martin that's exactly what you were suggesting ... or it certainly came across that way. No contact or apology from Birmingham Speedway so far - that's the most annoying thing. Speedway promoters haven't got the first idea about customer relations.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, michanekman said:

Actually Martin that's exactly what you were suggesting ... or it certainly came across that way. No contact or apology from Birmingham Speedway so far - that's the most annoying thing. Speedway promoters haven't got the first idea about customer relations.

It’s definitely not exactly what I said. At no point was expected used. I have no affiliation with Birmingham or their stream.

I’m making a suggestion of “wouldn’t it be nice as it wasn’t the clubs fault, those that could afford it could leave their money in and help a club in need out”

Your answer to that could easily have just been no

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StephenMiller said:

Josh Pickering if he's available surely ?  Most exciting rider around Perry Barr apart from Harris 

Probably a bit premature to be discussing a guest for next Week v Poole.....but I'm not sure whether Pickering has fully recovered from his recent injury, so, with that in mind, I'd go for Danny King or Craig Cook !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Probably a bit premature to be discussing a guest for next Week v Poole.....but I'm not sure whether Pickering has fully recovered from his recent injury, so, with that in mind, I'd go for Danny King or Craig Cook !!

Either way u Brummies better watch out for the Magnificent 7 on board the Pirate Ship!

2 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

Why was no facility granted last night when both clubs can now (rightly) have a facility for the next 30 days?

Because they followed the rulebook and that’s what it states.

8.2.1 I) A refusal to undergo Anti Doping testing will be regarded for the purpose of application of penalties, identical to a positive test.

8.2.1 j) A rider who refuses to submit themselves prior to the start f heat 1to Anti Doping testing will be automatically excluded from further participation in that particular event.

8.2.1 z) If the outcome of the test(s) result is an immediate exclusion from the event, reserves or TS may be used to take the programmed rides where the excluded rider may have ridden

Seems to have been followed to the letter.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2