British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Redcar v Scunthorpe KO Cup

With both legs of this cancelled due to the horrible weather this week , will next Fridays Redcar v Scorpions league clash now became the first leg of the knockout cup competition. ???

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

With both legs of this cancelled due to the horrible weather this week , will next Fridays Redcar v Scorpions league clash now became the first leg of the knockout cup competition. ???

Hope so, but Scunny will need a different guest!

Rather concentrate on league fixtures and leave the fill in events as lower priority. Nobody  (apart from the winners) remembers who won what cup, but most recall who won the league title.

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Rather concentrate on league fixtures and leave the fill in events as lower priority. Nobody  (apart from the winners) remembers who won what cup, but most recall who won the league title.

I actually completely disagree, that attitude has led to so many cup finals being held in terrible weather in October / November, so no wonder fans don't take them seriously?

By getting the KOC out of the way first it shows it means something to the teams, so hopefully the fans will feel the same way too?

Would be great for the BSN final to be completed by July & KOC early too! Plus clubs can advertise themselves as cup winners etc for the rest of the season, usually of you win in your last match - it's forgotten about by next March / April!

• Like 7

I'd be going Redcar leg on Fri 21st, Scunny leg on Sat 22nd. Get the Cup final raced against Poole before October!

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd be going Redcar leg on Fri 21st, Scunny leg on Sat 22nd. Get the Cup final raced against Poole before October!

Well that will not happen because its Stock cars at the EWR on the 22nd.

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Why switch the legs round?  Scunny should have the 1st leg and Redcar the 2nd leg, as it was originally going to be?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Well that will not happen because its Stock cars at the EWR on the 22nd.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Why switch the legs round?  Scunny should have the 1st leg and Redcar the 2nd leg, as it was originally going to be?

I didn't intentionally switch the legs round, only picked those dates because Scunny are at Redcar on the Friday already & didn't know of the stockcar event on the Saturday.

I see zero reason whatsoever to suggest Redcar should host the second leg, just do whatever fits in with the fixtures best, there's no advantage either way imo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I didn't intentionally switch the legs round, only picked those dates because Scunny are at Redcar on the Friday already & didn't know of the stockcar event on the Saturday.

I see zero reason whatsoever to suggest Redcar should host the second leg, just do whatever fits in with the fixtures best, there's no advantage either way imo

Because they were going to host the second leg originally and, IMO, it should be that way (both teams might agree to a switch, which would be fine, but they both agreed to the original dates).