British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Un arranged Fixtures

47 minutes ago, ouch said:

It’s a literal bleeding’ miracle that Belle Vue can put on a full top league league program plus Colts, plus PCMT, plus Women’s championship, plus short track, plus British Final in their allotted time. 

Tale wagging the dog again in Speedway as we pander to the lowest common denominator. If you’re a car crash, no worries we’ll work around you. Jesus, things will never change. Switch the lights off on your way out. 

It"s because of all the lack of rain we get in Manchester...

Unfair advantage....:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Not bothering with all those ring fenced, priority night, Poland not interested in using them, Mondays then? :D

Not bothering with reading my further explanation to fueltaps, then? ;):D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Not bothering with all those ring fenced, priority night, Poland not interested in using them, Mondays then? :D

If you include those, that only leaves 48 days to squeeze in all those fixtures. Just not possible and absolutely definitely certain that it’s not their fault. 
Bates only needs two or three sycophants telling him it’s not his fault and he’ll believe it and carry on year after year after year after year. 
Looking forward to the fireworks on November 5th at Sheffields late season finale again. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ouch said:

If you include those, that only leaves 48 days to squeeze in all those fixtures. Just not possible and absolutely definitely certain that it’s not their fault. 
Bates only needs two or three sycophants telling him it’s not his fault and he’ll believe it and carry on year after year after year after year. 
Looking forward to the fireworks on November 5th at Sheffields late season finale again. 

Are the Sheffield promotion also responsible for the fact that Peterborough couldn't find dates for a KOC semi final, and two home meetings with Sheffield until this last week or so (Peterborough v Sheffield B still outstanding)???  I can assure you I am not a sycophant, I am simply a fan, I've never met the Bateses in my life, and I'm merely trying to explain reasons why Sheffield still have some fixtures outstanding. I'll repeat again, as some people still don't seem to be getting it - since the original postponement of the home A meeting against Wolverhampton on May 11th, THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE MONDAY OR THURSDAY, WHERE BOTH SHEFFIELD AND WOLVERHAMPTON HAVE BEEN FREE, until last Monday when it was again rained off, and there aren't any in August either - Wolverhampton already had their home meeting against Leicester scheduled next Monday, before the rain off at Belle Vue this last Monday. 

Edited by Tigerblade

After the frustrating shower at Leicester at 4pm today, has caused Leicester V Sheffield to be postponed, another fixture needing a date now.

Its no good trying to [point out the facts, all rain offs are Sheffields fault and its Sheffields fault that other teams cant rearrange their matches

56 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Its no good trying to [point out the facts, all rain offs are Sheffields fault and its Sheffields fault that other teams cant rearrange their matches

That’s not fair or true. It’s just the 13 home fixtures they need to cram into a 24 week period that fans are interested in. 

Sorry, 25 week period, though this could be extended………..again. 

They did manage to cram 15 meetings  into 33 weeks last year and I reckon they’ll beat that rate this year fingers crossed, so well done on the improvement. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

I know, I don't really know why I tried to bother, to be honest :D

Something else occurred to me earlier -  I now realise that fixture congestion was part of the reason everyone seemed so desperate to get the July 3rd Sheffield v Peterborough A fixture to the declaration point. As with Wolverhampton, there wasn't a Monday or Thursday until the end of August, where Sheffield and Peterborough were both free. 

Be OK next year when Peterborough, KL and Wolves go belly up, the BSPA only have to get the remaining 4 clubs to race each other once home and away, no worries about the not fulfilling fixtures because their all guaranteed to be in the play-offs anyway.... 

Maybe the Grand Final could just be a 4 team tournament, winner takes all. 

On 8/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, ouch said:

That’s not fair or true. It’s just the 13 home fixtures they need to cram into a 24 week period that fans are interested in. 

Sorry, 25 week period, though this could be extended………..again. 

They did manage to cram 15 meetings  into 33 weeks last year and I reckon they’ll beat that rate this year fingers crossed, so well done on the improvement. 

Give 'em a break...

It took them about two hours to repair an air fence once....:D

21 hours ago, The Dog said:

Be OK next year when Peterborough, KL and Wolves go belly up, the BSPA only have to get the remaining 4 clubs to race each other once home and away, no worries about the not fulfilling fixtures because their all guaranteed to be in the play-offs anyway.... 

Maybe the Grand Final could just be a 4 team tournament, winner takes all. 

I would still leave October as "reserved" just in case...;)

• Like 1