British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Debbi

Will Tai be able to race in the SWC

After the incident at Lezno last night will Tai be able to take part in the Speedway World Cup.

the fan has breached the area separating the home (Lezno) and away (Wrocław) fans. He is clearly happy that his team have won and stopped the Wrocław winning streak. I know we can’t hear what the fan is chanting and that family and friends could have been in that section, however, Tai decided to take him out rather than get security (which is what one of the riders looks to have done). I don’t see how this is defendable and wonder if the Polish league will reprimand him, but more alarming is the fact that footage exists and if the fan wishes to pursue criminal charges there isn’t a lot to argue especially as Tai has discussed MMA fighting and his hope to get into it when he finishes riding.

https://twitter.com/twiterzuzlowy/status/1682501134680748036?t=YIe-7Edo9Lv5rZqRCNiWUA&s=19

Edited by Debbi
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Dont think much will come out of it. The fan were somewhere he wasnt supposed to be. I don't think Tai will or should get a ban.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Dont think much will come out of it. The fan were somewhere he wasnt supposed to be. I don't think Tai will or should get a ban.

An article I have seen said the Polish authorities are investigating and being advised by FIM with sanctions expected.

58 minutes ago, Debbi said:

After the incident at Lezno last night will Tai be able to take part in the Speedway World Cup.

the fan has breached the area separating the home (Lezno) and away (Wrocław) fans. He is clearly happy that his team have won and stopped the Wrocław winning streak. I know we can’t hear what the fan is chanting and that family and friends could have been in that section, however, Tai decided to take him out rather than get security (which is what one of the riders looks to have done). I don’t see how this is defendable and wonder if the Polish league will reprimand him, but more alarming is the fact that footage exists and if the fan wishes to pursue criminal charges there isn’t a lot to argue especially as Tai has discussed MMA fighting and his hope to get into it when he finishes riding.

https://twitter.com/twiterzuzlowy/status/1682501134680748036?t=YIe-7Edo9Lv5rZqRCNiWUA&s=19

It could easily be argued that a crazed fan could have caused harm to the riders and/or incited a riot with the opposition fans. Instinct took over and a rider (Tai) took the perpetrator down. Security didn't do their job and the rider should be applauded for de-escalating a terrifying situation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Debbi said:

An article I have seen said the Polish authorities are investigating and being advised by FIM with sanctions expected.

Doesn't mean he'll get a ban. Just give Tai some fines and a "dont do this again".

Should face a long ban and a criminal assault charge.  Despicable behaviour from someone who should no better.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, R87 said:

Should face a long ban and a criminal assault charge.  Despicable behaviour from someone who should no better.

coming from someone who can't spell know

• Haha 4

Tai will probably get a rocket from the authorities and get told not to do it again.  Doubt he'll get anything more than that.

• Like 1

Have looked at the video several times, the supporter's arms looks well functioning when security takes him away. The supporter continue to wave the scarf with his left arm and uses the right arm to try free hinself from security. Hardly something you would manage with a broken arm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Debbi said:

Wasn't exactly the Cantona kung-fu fu kick was it

46 minutes ago, ch958 said:

coming from someone who can't spell know

Fine.  Trivialise something that, if it happened on the street, you'd be spending a night behind bars.  Woffinden is an utter disgrace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, R87 said:

Fine.  Trivialise something that, if it happened on the street, you'd be spending a night behind bars.  Woffinden is an utter disgrace

Give over, have u actually seen the video? I've seen security be rougher chucking people out.

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

This I assume happened at a domestic meeting in Poland.

This will be for in the first instance for the clubs involved to deal with then possibly the PZM. as it is not an FIM event then I don't believe they will be required as the national rules should be used. If the supporter is in an area he shouldn't be then possibly the club he supports may be in a tight spot. But whatever happens I can't see it affecting Tai representing team GB at the upcoming events in Poland

• Like 2

The incident from another view. You clearly see how the man waves his arns aaround after he got up. There is no way that that man has a broken arm.9

https://fb.watch/lXIclkeBh4/

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, R87 said:

Crikey the streets you spend time on must be policed strictly if you see people getting arrested for that

• Haha 1