British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 26th July

11 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm sure a few seasons ago now, there use to be a sign about it, on the finish straight i think 

Like...

Don't you dare even think about bringing your own food in.. 

:D

Although Christina Turnball brings her cakes in for the Poole fans who sit in the front of the refs box in case she makes a controversial decision, so if a ref is allowed... ;)

2 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Can you take your own food and drink into the Poole stadium. 
I will be bringing my own camping chair as rather sit down for most of the evening. 

Thanks for your help, sounds like they ain't fussed and don't check food. 

Wonder if Rory Schlein will be fit or do Birmingham require a different no 1 guest?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Can you take your own food and drink into the Poole stadium. 
I will be bringing my own camping chair as rather sit down for most of the evening. 

Don't think you,ll need a camping chair as there is plenty of unreserved seating either in the main grandstand or behind glass in the backstraight stand built for the now non-existent greyhounds.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't think you,ll need a camping chair as there is plenty of unreserved seating either in the main grandstand or behind glass in the backstraight stand built for the now non-existent greyhounds.

I'm coming with a group of Birmingham fans, so we all want to be together.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

I'm coming with a group of Birmingham fans, so we all want to be together.

You can still achieve that in the seated areas as long as you dont leave it til 7.30 to get in! There's not really any decent positions around the stadium bends to sit without the risk of people standing and blocking your view. There is the area at track level in front of the grandstand on the home straight - several wheelchair users are positioned there amongst those standing.

Not sure what the attendance will be like although Poole haven't had a home meeting for a fortnight and it is the school hols and the first opportunity to welcome back the BSN Series Champions!! Enjoy.

Edited by Skidder1

Birmingham’s riding order on website is strange unless it’s not the riding order!

21 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Birmingham’s riding order on website is strange unless it’s not the riding order!

Probably Dickson s way of ensuring Bowtell gets his 7 rides.

Schlein, Sedgman, Neilsen, Batchelor, Starke, Hagon, Bowtell.

He trying to do the scoreboard pressure thing that Scott Mitchell always talks about! 

Although Starke at 5 is pretty funny. Bet the reserve finishes ahead of him. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He trying to do the scoreboard pressure thing that Scott Mitchell always talks about! 

Although Starke at 5 is pretty funny. Bet the reserve finishes ahead of him. 

Wasn't Starke Plymouth's top performer in the Plymouth demolition? He was certainly our best rider in the play off semi demolition when he guested. Being bit harsh on Starkey there on his recent Poole form

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wasn't Starke Plymouth's top performer in the Plymouth demolition? He was certainly our best rider in the play off semi demolition when he guested. Being bit harsh on Starkey there on his recent Poole form

He’s been absolutely rubbish since we signed him. Lacking any sort of pace or, form. Dreadful signing so far. 

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Barker would have been top performer from memory. Maybe I am being a bit harsh. He has got 5 and 6 for Plymouth at number 3. Now one of those rides will be a H13. So can't see him getting more than 5 imo. 

Plus since then he has been sacked by Plymouth and not done much for Birmingham so far. ? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Barker would have been top performer from memory. Maybe I am being a bit harsh. He has got 5 and 6 for Plymouth at number 3. Now one of those rides will be a H13. So can't see him getting more than 5 imo. 

Plus since then he has been sacked by Plymouth and not done much for Birmingham so far. ? 

He didn't do much for Plymouth either but won 2 heats at WR as I recall. Remember all he needs to do is gate :P

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He didn't do much for Plymouth either but won 2 heats at WR as I recall. Remember all he needs to do is gate :P

Well there will definitely be some passing this time then! :D;)

He was good at Poole last season tbf (a lot of guest bookings as well) not sure what is so different this year. 

Although he is the only person so far I have seen go into the air fence on the practice laps after the parade! Still not sure how he managed that unless something got jammed. 

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

His 2 wins in the BSN Series were in heats where Steve Worrall and Ben Cook respectively both fell!!!

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

His 2 wins in the BSN Series were in heats where Steve Worrall and Ben Cook respectively both fell!!!

What's your point caller?

Just watched the races back, worrall fell from 3rd on the last bend and cook from 2nd in the last bend when Starke clear on both occasions. What a pointless statement :rofl:

Edited by Jaizer