British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Redcar 29/07/23 @7-00pm

23 minutes ago, Ryehouseforever said:

Yes. James Pearson and Steve Boxall are riding at Workington today. Looks like it will be Jack Killeen at reserve today. We need a rider for Thomas as his crash yesterday looked horrendous on an over watered Armadale track.  Justin Sedgman or Jake Allen  maybe? Rider replacement will be throwing the towel in the ring!

You mean Luke Killeen

57 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What is the average Boxall has been given? And is it low enough to replace Hook in the team come Monday when the new averages come into effect?

We have 5.05 if we take Jacob's average in the equation. If Boxall was to get a reduction would be a decent replacement or we try and get Jonas's brother across on a 5pt average

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

We have 5.05 if we take Jacob's average in the equation. If Boxall was to get a reduction would be a decent replacement or we try and get Jonas's brother across on a 5pt average

Bit late for this season don’t you think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryehouseforever said:

Yes. James Pearson and Steve Boxall are riding at Workington today. Looks like it will be Jack Killeen at reserve today. We need a rider for Thomas as his crash yesterday looked horrendous on a over watered Armadale track.  Justin Sedgman or Jake Allen  maybe? Rider replacement will be throwing the towel in the ring!

The NDL Green Sheets make it clear Boxall is not eligible to guest. [See issue 19 amended - where Boxall has NEG against his name]

But issue 19 (issued the previous day does not have those words against his name)

NEG = not eligible to guest as an NL rider

So looks like Berwick chose him on the strength of the error on issue 19 and were allowed to proceed with the booking, given it wasn't their fault and the difficulty in  finding an  alternative guest at short notice.

Edited by arnieg

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

The NDL Green Sheets make it clear Boxall is not eligible to guest. [See issue 19 amended - where Boxall has NEG against his name]

But issue 19 (issued the previous day does not have those words against his name)

So looks like Berwick chose him on the strength of the error on issue 19 and were allowed to proceed with the booking, given it wasn't their fault and the difficulty I  finding a  alternative guest at short notice.

Perhaps because he had signed for Bullets was the reason he was able to guest.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Perhaps because he had signed for Bullets was the reason he was able to guest.

Not a valid reason. No such rule.

21 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Not a valid reason. No such rule.

So you think it’s a typing error that he was able to ride.!!

Edited by Fromafar

17 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So looks like Berwick chose him on the strength of the error on issue 19 and were allowed to proceed with the booking, given it wasn't their fault and the difficulty in  finding an  alternative guest at short notice.

NEG is riders that cannot guest as an additional rider in the Championship.

Connor will have NEG against his name also (I suspect) but he seems to be able to guest in the Championship.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Last Champ average I can find for Boxall is 5.15 (2016). He may be due a reduction, who knows? Berwick can't just declare him in their team - but he could guest for TJ if injured?

Surely he could only guest if named in somebody else's CL team as he is NEG on the NDL Green Sheets.

Old rules. My mistake. I think we must infer that he's had his old CL average reduded to 4.00 or less.

Edited by arnieg

3 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Connor will have NEG against his name also (I suspect) but he seems to be able to guest in the Championship.

Complin has NEG against his as well

6 minutes ago, Normski said:

Complain will also have married against his as of today lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Normski said:

I've heard Nick Morris has POS against his name. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

My mistake, I was remembring the old rules. What is truly embarrasing is they were last extant in 2019 :blush:

So under old rules Boxall (and Ben Morley) wouldn't be able to guest in CL. But now they can, subject to averages fitting, but can't be nmed AR.

Which still begs the question - what is Boxall's CL official average?

Edited by arnieg

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

My mistake, I was remembring the old rules. What is truly embarrasing is they were last extant in 2019 :blush:

So under old rules Boxall (and Ben Morley) wouldn't be able to guest in CL. But now they can, subject to averages fitting, but can't be nmed AR.

Which still begs the question - what is Boxall's CL official average?

The rules seem to change every day (so easy to get mixed up).:)

This also goes for Boxall's average because its been said that his average is to high to guest at reserve.

If you apply the same ruling for Pearson and Hook at the start of the season when their 4 point averages (Championship) were doubled to 8 (National).

You also take into account Jorgensen's last Championship average was discounted (used his Premiership average converted) at the start of the season.

Therefore Boxall's average used for the Championship should be half his National League average (which would be under 4 so he could guest at reserve).

As I say its open to how you read the rules (and the team involved probably).:cheers:

• Like 2

Best Wishes to TJ for good recovery.He has had a nightmare of a season at Berwick  unfortunately.These things happen.Bandits Select for tonight look a decent Team on paper .