British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Sheffield 3/8/23

Very odd that Sheffield would drop Jack before  Tai was available. After all Edinburgh announced Clegg but (before postponements) were going to use guests for Fredriksen for 2 away meetings.

• Like 1

Sheffield in for a lesson,lions to show no mercy,would of been good to see how wolfie attacked the den ,10 plus

Edited by Spiderman1

This surely makes a home win much more likely - and therefore would mean Leicester (who are wobbling right now) and Sheffield will both make the playoffs.

• Like 2

Just to be really pedantic, should Woffy get a 28 day ban for "witholding his services" 

Of course not, because he hadn't agreed to ride in this match (presumably the contract he signed starts from Monday). So my question is, why would Sheffield want to sign Woffy before Thursday & why would the BSPL allow the signing knowing he wasn't available, are neither worried about the "integrity" of the Sport?

If we act like these are two separate promotions, it's out of order for Sheffield to turn up at Leicester without a full team (when it's totally avoidable) as it could harm their crowd, I almost feel like Sheffield should get a guest at the away match, but use the 75% guest at their next home match, so it only hinders their crowd?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

This surely makes a home win much more likely - and therefore would mean Leicester (who are wobbling right now) and Sheffield will both make the playoffs.

Both teams are 99.99% in the play-offs regardless of the result anyway

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Both teams are 99.99% in the play-offs regardless of the result anyway

agreed but a full strength Sheffield might well have won this given how Leicester rode the other night - so it would still have made it more open than it, will in all likelihood, be come 10pm tomorrow assuming this isnt rained off

9 minutes ago, justathought said:

They've lost 1 in the last 8. How is that a wobble.

well you know that massive home loss on Monday, Leicester looked a pale shadow of the side i saw at Owlerton about 1 month ago. the fact one of your riders is likely now out for the season with a ban and the fact the club have just announced its up for sale - (which is a great shame I hope thats sorted) - Id say its not been the best couple of weeks!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Surely Bates would want Woffy there to bring in the crowds 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Just to be really pedantic, should Woffy get a 28 day ban for "witholding his services" 

Of course not, because he hadn't agreed to ride in this match (presumably the contract he signed starts from Monday). So my question is, why would Sheffield want to sign Woffy before Thursday & why would the BSPL allow the signing knowing he wasn't available, are neither worried about the "integrity" of the Sport?

If we act like these are two separate promotions, it's out of order for Sheffield to turn up at Leicester without a full team (when it's totally avoidable) as it could harm their crowd, I almost feel like Sheffield should get a guest at the away match, but use the 75% guest at their next home match, so it only hinders their crowd?

It stinks!

The way the press release reads it pretty much states that Sheffield had to redeclare their team Monday night....as in before the end of July? So does this mean the signing of Woffinden couldn't take place in August?

Sheffield team manager Simon Stead said: “With Jack getting injured at this time of the year, we had no choice but to declare Tai in our team on Monday night.

24 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

The way the press release reads it pretty much states that Sheffield had to redeclare their team Monday night....as in before the end of July? So does this mean the signing of Woffinden couldn't take place in August?

If Sheffield aren't allowed a facility... what is Connor Mountain?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

If Sheffield aren't allowed a facility... what is Connor Mountain?

A reduced facility  - so more of a molehill really

(I'll get my coat :D)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Surely Bates would want Woffy there to bring in the crowds 

Exactly, surely he'd think the prospect of having a 3 times World Champion racing there one evening would be a draw to attract  fans/prospective buyers.