British Speedway Forum
Hamish McRaker

What does Tai Woffinden mean?

8 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

With regards to his signing for Sheffield, Tai Woffinden has said that riding in the UK (according to other riders he's asked) is better than it was several years ago.

What, more specifically, does he mean?

Fixed race nights first & foremost. 

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

....and thats despite him riding for Wolves!!

and RYE HOUSE! 

Probably less travelling for him now as well if he's gonna be based back in the UK.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

As a falling star I guess he can see easy money on the slick as snot tracks in the UK with a lower standard of riders than say 5 years ago. 

But as Laguta has found out it may not have the host of big stars but British speedway isn’t easy……it’s a far different proposition to the full throttle of Poland. If this season has shown anything it’s probably that Emil is the most naturally gifted technical rider at the moment.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

But as Laguta has found out it may not have the host of big stars but British speedway isn’t easy……it’s a far different proposition to the full throttle of Poland. If this season has shown anything it’s probably that Emil is the most naturally gifted technical rider at the moment.

Exactly this, Emil and Laguta are chalk and cheese what of ive seen of them this season, dunno what kind of money their both on but i certainly know who's giving more value for money wk in wk out.

:rofl:Prob happy hes riding a proper sized track and not Wolves everyweek. 

so much for not riding for anyone apart from Wolves in the Uk, all we need now is Lindgren to Lynn .

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pinny said:

:rofl:Prob happy hes riding a proper sized track and not Wolves everyweek. 

so much for not riding for anyone apart from Wolves in the Uk, all we need now is Lindgren to Lynn .

Will Woffy come in on an 8 ave ????

On 8/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, Phil The Ace said:

I would say tracks are generally better prepared now that they was a few years ago which is what Woffy was saying. 
that riders he’s spoke to said the track are much better prepared now. 

but like pottering said. That’s because majority are big tracks now 

I wouldn't say "better" prepared - I would suggest they are prepared to suit the unstable rocket ships they like to ride ...

3 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Probably less travelling for him now as well if he's gonna be based back in the UK.

How many matches does Woffy need to do to get a new ave ????..