British Speedway Forum
justathought

WHY DO YOU BOTHER ?

You do realise the irony of moaning about moaning. 

This place is the same as it’s always been. People complain, people squabble, people troll. But nobody would be here if they weren’t speedway fans. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If you're not prepared to have your opinions challenged then Forums are not for you... agree there's no need to be rude or nasty though.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you're not prepared to have your opinions challenged then Forums are not for you... agree there's no need to be rude or nasty though.

He raises a good point tho - I recall attending a football match once - one fan sat behind me spent the entire game moaning - 'yer effing Shi8E Wednesday'  according to him the ref was bent in both meanings of the word, the opposition were cheats - he left five minutes before the end and missed his sides winning goal from a penalty in the last minute - it had actually been a decent game ending in a 3-2 win for his side - My takeaway from that game was why the heck did you go if it caused you so much stress!

Some people are just never happy - as i often say some would complain if there was owt to complain about!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

Pipe down you :D (Joke obvs!)

• Haha 1

There's also people that just don't see the positive posts, I've been accused many times of being negative... but if I see a good match or race I also say so, some people choose not to see that though and just focus on the negative

• Like 2

IMO the level of moaning and complaining on this forum has increased, and is commensurate with the continuing decline in the sport in the UK.

Nothing has been done to attempt to reverse this decline and so people DO have legitimate reasons to voice their complaints and criticism. 
The rose coloured glasses brigade who think everything is wonderful are just as entitled to keep on spouting their opinions as the others who think that the closure of Pboro  and Wolves and poss KL is the continuing slow and sad demise of the sport. 

No need for rudeness though I agree.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

There's also people that just don't see the positive posts, I've been accused many times of being negative... but if I see a good match or race I also say so, some people choose not to see that though and just focus on the negative

There is undoubted truth in that too - I had a team mate at football once - you could have given him 10 comments over a game - 9 would be entirely positive one negative yet he would home in on the negative and react to it!

7 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

There is undoubted truth in that too - I had a team mate at football once - you could have given him 10 comments over a game - 9 would be entirely positive one negative yet he would home in on the negative and react to it!

Last night I posted a few times on the KL v Ippo thread, somebody posted that the racing was crap and there wouldn't be any overtaking, every time there was an over take I commented on it... absolutely nobody else did, all anybody wanted to comment on was how crap the racing was and Buster this, Buster that

15 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

IMO the level of moaning and complaining on this forum has increased, and is commensurate with the continuing decline in the sport in the UK.

Nothing has been done to attempt to reverse this decline and so people DO have legitimate reasons to voice their complaints and criticism. 
The rose coloured glasses brigade who think everything is wonderful are just as entitled to keep on spouting their opinions as the others who think that the closure of Pboro  and Wolves and poss KL is the continuing slow and sad demise of the sport. 

No need for rudeness though I agree.

And this is the nail hit squarely on the head I believe. 

• Like 1

Some of it is just moaning I agree but a lot of it is just our sheer frustration with the sport we love and nothing seems to be done about moving with the times and changing. I stood there last night watching a pretty average meeting (two teams I don’t even support) with very few overtakes, interrupted multiple times by a tractor going round and round without actually doing too much track ‘grading’ if you have to stop because of the sun setting just announce it, don’t leave everyone just standing around wondering what’s going on. A sport like speedway should suit kids with increasingly short attention spans but the powers at be don’t seem to really care or understand this. Half the reason I was there last night was partly because if we don’t use it it will be gone forever, but that way of thinking is rapidly dissipating personally and a lot of others are feeling the same way.

I also went to my clubs meeting on Monday (Peterborough) and could say exactly the same again, so this is by no means a pop at Kings Lynn. Everyone is accountable top to bottom in the sport.

Edited by JoeW436
Add to post
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Some of it is just moaning I agree but a lot of it is just our sheer frustration with the sport we love and nothing seems to be done about moving with the times and changing. I stood there last night watching a pretty average meeting (two teams I don’t even support) with very few overtakes, interrupted multiple times by a tractor going round and round without actually doing too much track ‘grading’ if you have to stop because of the sun setting just announce it, don’t leave everyone just standing around wondering what’s going on. A sport like speedway should suit kids with increasingly short attention spans but the powers at be don’t seem to really care or understand this. Half the reason I was there last night was partly because if we don’t use it it will be gone forever, but that way of thinking is rapidly dissipating personally and a lot of others are feeling the same way.

I also went to my clubs meeting on Monday (Peterborough) and could say exactly the same again, so this is by no means a pop at Kings Lynn. Everyone is accountable top to bottom in the sport.

Your posts from the KL v Ippo thread last night:

"Not much danger of any overtaking tonight. Exactly what’s happened to the showground"

"three meetings I’ve tried this this at Kings Lynn, all been processional crap. Two common denominators, the track surface and the owner."

It wasn't a classic I'll agree but there was a sprinkling of good racing. I'll agree with the hold ups at Lynn last night though, 15 races crammed into 2 hours and 5 minutes.

I was also at the Peterborough match on Monday night and there was some decent Speedway racing and it was all done by 21:06

Perhaps, I didn't phrase my post very well. 

I understand people's frustration etc with speedway. I can see why people get fed up with all the messing about that takes place. But, it kinda is what it is.  What gets on my nerves are the people who just make things up to suit their argument/point of view. I honestly do appreciate other's view point, but it has to be factual and have some purpose to it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Your posts from the KL v Ippo thread last night:

"Not much danger of any overtaking tonight. Exactly what’s happened to the showground"

"three meetings I’ve tried this this at Kings Lynn, all been processional crap. Two common denominators, the track surface and the owner."

It wasn't a classic I'll agree but there was a sprinkling of good racing. I'll agree with the hold ups at Lynn last night though, 15 races crammed into 2 hours and 5 minutes.

I was also at the Peterborough match on Monday night and there was some decent Speedway racing and it was all done by 21:06

Are people happy to spend the best part of  £70/80 if it’s a family for a sprinkling of entertainment with the economic situation is the way it is? I’d happily stand around till 10pm if it’s an entertaining meeting but I can’t remember the last exciting one we had at the Showground.