British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn August 10th

7 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Basso on instagram, is saying its the worst track he's ridden this season

How qualified is he to know what is a good or bad track? If you are are a decent rider you tackle what is in front of you and adapt your set up accordingly. I guess the top scorers are crap because the track was the worse he had ridden. Basso get a life and learn from your peers, you are not in the same class as those around you. Come back when you can match Doyle etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

How qualified is he to know what is a good or bad track? If you are are a decent rider you tackle what is in front of you and adapt your set up accordingly. I guess the top scorers are crap because the track was the worse he had ridden. Basso get a life and learn from your peers, you are not in the same class as those around you. Come back when you can match Doyle etc.

It’s never a good time to express your thoughts on the state of a track moments after riding crap in a heat. Like a poster said above the others seemed to have managed it fine without complaints.

I'm a big Artem fan did like his brother better, though. he has let me down , i do hope he apologises when i next see him, i think i know what he is going to say he has more important meetings in Poland. then ill say well dont take the p*8s out of the British public. then ill give him a firm hand shake and take him out for a pint.:t:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Basso on instagram, is saying its the worst track he's ridden this season

Track was fine... had to be ridden with your head...something someone with a throttle that only has 2 positions will find hard to do... track records don't get smashed on a bad track. :cheers:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

It's a factual statement. He has ridden lots of tracks, scored well on some not so well on others. He scored paid 7 from 4 tonight, not his lowest score of the year and beat Danny King. Yet gets condemned for telling the truth by a keyboard :icon_smile_clown: - classy.

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Track was fine... had to be ridden with your head...something someone with a throttle that only has 2 positions will find hard to do... track records don't get smashed on a bad track. :cheers:

And they don't get smashed by turning off the throttle

Best wishes to Dan Thompson after dislocating a shoulder in his heat 2 fall. Was nice to see Jason Doyle coming to check on his injured team mate. Doyle also trying to team ride Hume in another race was encouraging too. 

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

Were you there....? :blink:Going fast is not just 100% throttle, its about body positioning and track craft. Something the new track record holder has in abundance. Whilst other riders rely on a quick bike to win races :wink: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

agree nothing wrong with the track tonight

11 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Best wishes to Dan Thompson after dislocating a shoulder in his heat 2 fall. Was nice to see Jason Doyle coming to check on his injured team mate. Doyle also trying to team ride Hume in another race was encouraging too. 

This was quite funny as he was looking over his shoulder and checking for Danyon then he fell and vanished so next time he looked round he saw a Kings Lynn rider and suddenly went oops i better get a move on,

Doyley is certainly popular it took him ages to do his ben fund collection and everyone wanted piccies and selfies etc with him - and he found time for all of them!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DazS said:

I'm a big Artem fan did like his brother better, though. he has let me down , i do hope he apologises when i next see him, i think i know what he is going to say he has more important meetings in Poland. then ill say well dont take the p*8s out of the British public. then ill give him a firm hand shake and take him out for a pint.:t:

Certainly been disappointing there’s no doubt about that - as Kelvin would say 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Certainly been disappointing there’s no doubt about that - as Kelvin would say 

If ever there was a meeting of two halves he had that kind of meeting - he was on the pace in heat 1 but simply couldnt match Emil. in his 2nd ride he gated last and had worked his way past Mountain and Riss - it was the final lap and he was trying to reel in Danny when he vanished into the fence on the 2nd bend final lap -.

Then in his next ride he pulled up at the back and then was pulled from heat 13!

Odd in my view.

• Like 1

Has Simon lambert got the record of most gift points in one meeting ? He did however fully deserved his race win in heat 14 and he put it loads of effort in all night. 

34 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

They get smashed by throttle control!

• Like 2