British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Plymouth Vs Glasgow 220823

With the silence ongoing around marcins replacement assuming not going to be in place for tonight. So do we get a facility for withholding services or do we run a guest up to 0.75 of his average (Ashton boughen perhaps ;))

38 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

With the silence ongoing around marcins replacement assuming not going to be in place for tonight. So do we get a facility for withholding services or do we run a guest up to 0.75 of his average (Ashton boughen perhaps ;))

They'd get a facility for 28 days.

• Like 1

More importantly whose replacing gilkes or barker because if it’s a joke guest for the first time I might not bother going.

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

More importantly whose replacing gilkes or barker because if it’s a joke guest for the first time I might not bother going.

Bloody hell Mike did not expect you to say that about your team, that you may not go. 

Times are tough for Plymouth but this isn't the fault of their management, so I hope that the genuine supporters will stick with them. If you lose your club, then you won't get it back - I know this from experience!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SSL84 said:

Bloody hell Mike did not expect you to say that about your team, that you may not go. 

I will go heat of the moment stuff, but there are some who stand around me every week who I no in the tough economic climate we are in are finding it hard to justify the out lay to see a losing team week in week out. Blimey I no fans tonight who are only going to see bomber and they wouldn’t be there otherwise for the above reasons. 

I’ve just seen Dan gilkes is out for the foreseeable future so Jason edwards covers him I’m not saying the management can do anything about this because of all the rules but ablitt and edwards in the top 5 plus r/r and the reserves mean we have 4 reserves in our team plus 2 heat leaders not really fair is it .

19 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I’ve just seen Dan gilkes is out for the foreseeable future so Jason edwards covers him I’m not saying the management can do anything about this because of all the rules but ablitt and edwards in the top 5 plus r/r and the reserves mean we have 4 reserves in our team plus 2 heat leaders not really fair is it .

I think the promotion and management have done well to get in the guests we have considering the short notice especially Jason Edwards who scored 10 last week against us and gilkes only scored 2,Ablitt is probably the best available on 70% of dan Thompson average and as for r/r I know of 3 championship ht leaders who were asked but didn't want to guest. What else do you suggest the club does Mike0310  I would be delighted if you can come up with anything better,at least if you don't go you will save your £2 fuel money. Win win for you:t:

As for the match I fancy us to struggle tonight. Team that can't gate on a small track isn't a great combination. Bomber going from long track Sunday, Peterborough Monday to Plymouth today might be a shuck lol. Lee is crucial, improved last few weeks and getting at least 2 r/r rides I'd guess. 

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As for the match I fancy us to struggle tonight. Team that can't gate on a small track isn't a great combination. Bomber going from long track Sunday, Peterborough Monday to Plymouth today might be a shuck lol. Lee is crucial, improved last few weeks and getting at least 2 r/r rides I'd guess. 

Bomber can ride any track.

Not sure rr will work for tigers as only vissing in top 5 can take a ride I would have got someone in lee & ace are tigers weak link , I know Lee has picked up recently but I'm not so easily fooled that's at ashfield & berwick , our reserves have been poor to average all season & were not winning anything with them at 6&7 . I know Plymouth are not as strong but the bigger picture is beating Oxford or Poole in a final maybe even redcar & that's not happening with Lee & ace sadly ..I've heard patryk wojdylo is coming in & that's ok but reserves are key 

Really interesting fixture this. It's a glorious day here in Plym. Sun is hot so it'll be a nice night at the Colosseum. Gladiators line up is all change. Edwards is a strong replacement for Gilkes I would suggest given he scored 10 last week and will have Worrall/Howarth alongside him for two of his rides. Reserve battle will be interesting. Complin usually likes Plymouth, Pearson was strong last week. Trigger is improving every week and was on the pace last week. Piper is the unproven one. 

Likely a big crowd, whenever Harris is in town it often is as plenty make the journey up from Cornwall to see him and the Plymouth crowd like him too. Tight affair but Plymouth's advantage of R/R is stronger than Tiger's given Plymouth's rides can be taken by: Howarth, Worrall, Edwards, Pearson and Trigger. I'd suggest the first four will take those rides whereas mentioned above, only Vissing can take a RR for tigers from their main body. Complin could be a busy boy tonight!

48-42 this one for me

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I think the promotion and management have done well to get in the guests we have considering the short notice especially Jason Edwards who scored 10 last week against us and gilkes only scored 2,Ablitt is probably the best available on 70% of dan Thompson average and as for r/r I know of 3 championship ht leaders who were asked but didn't want to guest. What else do you suggest the club does Mike0310  I would be delighted if you can come up with anything better,at least if you don't go you will save your £2 fuel money. Win win for you:t:

I am going lewy as I said it was a heat of the moment comment which I regret saying it just seems the cards are stacked against us all the time and if my comment about people justifying the outlay to see a team losing every week seems out of order I stand by that one I’m there every week and will be for a long time god willing I also said I don’t no the rules reference guests but this is a forum for speaking about things and I certainly don’t no all the rules moaning and whinging sometimes is what it  is all about I will be careful what I say in future so I duly note what you have said I hope all i riders stay safe and let’s hope Jason edwards has a cracker tonight.