British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

Richie Worrall released 
STATEMENT!

Yesterday I was selected for a random drug and alcohol test at Plymouth Speedway. 
My test showed a positive in one of the categories on the urine test, I wasn’t happy about this and in disbelief. I was refused a second test. 
SCB protocol is to suspend my licence until the sample has been examined further in the lab and “mid way through next week hopefully” is when I’m told the results will be back. 
Me being me has made it my mission to get tested asap at the country’s leading lab for drug and alcohol testing and I even opted for the test that looks at more than the test taken at Plymouth Speedway, 16 different categories infact compared to the 7 yesterday.
To no surprise I am clean! Tested negative in all 16 categories. This test comes with a legal document stating the 16 negatives. 
The document has been forwarded on to the BSPA and I have asked for my licence to be reinstated so I can race for my teams again but that was refused. 
Sorry to Plymouth Gladiators Speedway and Leicester Lions Speedway for not being there this week and more importantly the people close to me who are having to read the negative comments aimed at me made on this. 
I felt the need to address this because there seems to be a lot of speculation.

31 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

Richie Worrall released 
STATEMENT!

Yesterday I was selected for a random drug and alcohol test at Plymouth Speedway. 
My test showed a positive in one of the categories on the urine test, I wasn’t happy about this and in disbelief. I was refused a second test. 
SCB protocol is to suspend my licence until the sample has been examined further in the lab and “mid way through next week hopefully” is when I’m told the results will be back. 
Me being me has made it my mission to get tested asap at the country’s leading lab for drug and alcohol testing and I even opted for the test that looks at more than the test taken at Plymouth Speedway, 16 different categories infact compared to the 7 yesterday.
To no surprise I am clean! Tested negative in all 16 categories. This test comes with a legal document stating the 16 negatives. 
The document has been forwarded on to the BSPA and I have asked for my licence to be reinstated so I can race for my teams again but that was refused. 
Sorry to Plymouth Gladiators Speedway and Leicester Lions Speedway for not being there this week and more importantly the people close to me who are having to read the negative comments aimed at me made on this. 
I felt the need to address this because there seems to be a lot of speculation.

Cheers for that.

If indeed he is negative would this lead to legal action against SCB….. at least for loss of earnings, possibly damage to reputation.

• Like 3

I hope that the test from his original sample comes back negative. However, and aware I’ll get flak for this, the test he paid for doesn’t alter that from Tuesday night. We don’t know yet what they found or even what amount, it’s perfectly possible a trace would be undetected the following day. Also it is unlikely to be admissible because there’s no proof the sample was even his second time around. Whether there’s a flaw in the testing procedure before a match will come out when the report on the original test comes back. Until then nothing has changed from Tuesday night.

Already the Lions FB pages are convinced he’s the innocent and woe betide anyone who isn’t sure! 

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

When was the second test taken? Was the second sample his? It doesn’t prove anything about Tuesday .

Exactly. A 2nd test is pointless.

Worrall failed his test on Tuesday night, I`m not sure what his private test proves or does not prove, maybe he is saying the test that he took at Plymouth on Tuesday was faulty. It still doesn't alter the fact that he has a case to answer on his failed test on Tuesday.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Is it possible there could be some sort of lookalike around who could have posed as Richie and taken the other test on his behalf? I'm sure there isn't, but I have to admit the idea of it is slightly amusing.

Implausible to think that he has someone who is the spit of him....it's not science fiction or a Bond film ya know ...a lookalike? I ask ya .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, screm said:

Worrall failed his test on Tuesday night, I`m not sure what his private test proves or does not prove, maybe he is saying the test that he took at Plymouth on Tuesday was faulty. It still doesn't alter the fact that he has a case to answer on his failed test on Tuesday.

It doesn’t matter a jot how many “private” tests he takes to try and clear his name. Some substances can stay in the system and be detected in a blood test for two to three days. It’s entirely possible the test taken at Plymouth was positive, but by the time he took his “private” test his system was clear and it came back negative. 

Now I’m not saying he’s guilty of anything here, I’m talking hypothetically. The results from the test taken at Plymouth will determine that. But the only test that matters is the one taken at Plymouth. You can try and discredit their testing system all you like, but that in itself puts you on dodgy ground if accusations are made about the legitimacy of tests taken at tracks. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Aries said:

It doesn’t matter a jot how many “private” tests he takes to try and clear his name. Some substances can stay in the system and be detected in a blood test for two to three days. It’s entirely possible the test taken at Plymouth was positive, but by the time he took his “private” test his system was clear and it came back negative. 

Now I’m not saying he’s guilty of anything here, I’m talking hypothetically. The results from the test taken at Plymouth will determine that. But the only test that matters is the one taken at Plymouth. You can try and discredit their testing system all you like, but that in itself puts you on dodgy ground if accusations are made about the legitimacy of tests taken at tracks. 

Except it wasn't positive. It was non-negative.

The first test is a "dip" giving almost instant results.

If this is non negative the "B" sample is sent for confirmatory lab analysis as this is more accurate.

They're all "private" tests as they use the same labs. The person paying for the test chooses the panel of substances they want to test for

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aries said:

27 minutes ago, Aries said:

Time will tell but it obviously matters to Richie personally. Similar thing happed to Kyle Howarth a few years back guesting for Edinburgh at Armadale

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RBThirdbend said:

Except it wasn't positive. It was non-negative.

The first test is a "dip" giving almost instant results.

If this is non negative the "B" sample is sent for confirmatory lab analysis as this is more accurate.

They're all "private" tests as they use the same labs. The person paying for the test chooses the panel of substances they want to test for

That’s fine. The results will either clear him or convict him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Endeavour said:

Time will tell but it obviously matters to Richie personally. Similar thing happed to Kyle Howarth a few years back guesting for Edinburgh at Armadale

It makes Zero difference. Two tests taken days apart can have different results. The only test that matters is the one taken at Plymouth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Is it possible there could be some sort of lookalike around who could have posed as Richie and taken the other test on his behalf? I'm sure there isn't, but I have to admit the idea of it is slightly amusing.

Try checking on Mike Tyson's approach. Get a mate to provide a clean sample, attach a bag and a tube and away you go...:D

Edited by RBThirdbend