British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Emil Sayfutdinov

As things stand, there isn't enough teams for a top league. Hope this changes, but if not, there will probably be no Emil next season unfortunately.

Regardless of next year its been a privilege and a pleasure to see both Emil and Jason riding this season. (both riders are great with the fans) It's also been great to see most teams tracking a proper decent no 1 as well meaning heat 13 and 15 is usually exciting / extertaining. It almost has vibes of the late 80s early 90s when the latter heats were packed with the top riders.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

No tacticals in the play offs then? 

Sounds about  right...

Let's change the rules of the whole  season at the end of it....:D

No one really cares anyway, so let the likes of Emil and Dan ride as many times as they can over the two legs.....

Would improve the spectacle several fold...B)

They haven't allowed T/S in two-legged cup matches and play-offs for a long time - originally when they finally realised the Joker was a farce.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:35 PM, Gavan said:

Im biased being a Witches fan but what a signing this guy has turned out to be

Gives 110% every meeting ....not just here for a payday and turning up as and when it suits him.

His scoring has been sensational but i want to touch on the other side of our sport

He is the last one out of the pits to the changing rooms.....signs EVERY autograph and has EVERY picture EVERY week........always has a smile on his face and chats to everyone

I knew he was a class rider but to see how he interacts with all the fans all the time he has been a pure pleasure to see every week

We need more riders that do this not just hastily disappear after a meeting

Ive heard from various sources that at away matches he has time for all the opposing supporters to

Thankful as an Ipswich fan we didnt sign Holder with the attitude he has!!

No biased, he's a class act.  Hopefully he stays in the league next year and be great to see him back in the Grand Prix.

• Like 2

Emil surely should have been 3 times World Champion by now and is a tremendous Ambassitor for Speedway and not only brilliant rider but also one terrific human being. i remember coming back from Cardiff around 10 or so years ago and stopping off at the services on the M4 on the way back. There in restaurant on his own was Emil . i went over to speak to him ( he only spoke broken English then ) He was very friendly and down to earth guy. i asked for a selfie with him and he oblighed without hesitation. Nothing was too much trouble. You cannot but instantly like the guy. One Top Bloke. Hope he and others are back next year. Would be great to see Magic back and Duzzer here for starters. 

• Like 4

Have to agree - hes been an absolute class act this season. I didnt think he would be as committed as he has been but he has been superb. Maybe Doyle's loyalty to British Speedway has rubbed off on him as in the last 20 or so years I dont think I have seen a more committed overseas rider in the UK than Doyle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Have to agree - hes been an absolute class act this season. I didnt think he would be as committed as he has been but he has been superb. Maybe Doyle's loyalty to British Speedway has rubbed off on him as in the last 20 or so years I dont think I have seen a more committed overseas rider in the UK than Doyle. 

Hans Andersen is up there

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinny said:

Loved it at one GP years ago when Doyle, Woffy and I think either Leigh Adam's or Crumpie were on the podium and he said it's great to have 3 Aussie's on the podium lol

17 hours ago, Goldhawk said:

Emil surely should have been 3 times World Champion by now 

How? He never won it when he was in the series previously. 

• Like 2

We first saw Emil race in the under 21 final in Pardubice, we said then that he was one to watch didn’t gate but my god did he race and win. Role on to the GP’s we have stayed in a few hotels that riders use, Emil (and his crew) have always been friendly as have his team with or without him present, they made time to talk to everyone even at breakfast, a true gent, unlike some other riders.

He is someone I think a lot of “professional riders” could learn from, he understands and respects the fans regardless of club or nationality, he makes time for fans wherever he goes. You don’t hear of him swearing, ignoring people or brattish behaviour. I am sure he has his moments but I have not seen that.

I have and always will support Emil, shame he took time out of the GP’s otherwise I think he would been world champ multiple times.

• Like 2

Emil was paid a lot of money to sit out the GPs in his prime and ride in the European Championships.

Personally, I would always prefer £ over world titles. Championships don't pay the bills in later life.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

7 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Emil was paid a lot of money to sit out the GPs in his prime and ride in the European Championships.

Personally, I would always prefer £ over world titles. Championships don't pay the bills in later life.

I always understood that Emil couldn’t get the right level of sponsorship to fulfil a full season of GP racing so opted out for a few years.

8 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Thought Emil was owed a lot of money from his Polish club so he couldn't afford to race in the GP's?

Just seen previous post as to the reason.

Edited by Gambo95
Info added.