British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

37 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

All comes down to Brennan and Cook for me, Ben has been on fire recently so if he carries on and Brennan avoids a mare, I can see 53-37, despite an Emil 18 point max

And Cook is flying so probably will score more than Blodorn would. Brennan has also not been in great form but I expect him to perform better than of late.The loss of Doyle is massive and for anyone to suggest Harris would score more  than Doyle is ridiculous. Belle Vue are massive favourites and it is theirs to lose.

Uppa witches! Come on boys we’re not beat til we’re beat! Playoffs bomber here we go!! 47-43 on a wet track tonight king and bomber to show the youngsters how to get stuck into tough conditions! And we’ll beat em 49-41 for a 4 point agg score Thursday! 

witches wolves final likely to be the best tie for the neutrals

no I’ve not been drinking, just delirious from a first 5am alarm after a week off work this morning haha

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Don't forget Lidsey he's on great form at Belle Vue 

Yes he could be the key especially as he will take a replacement ride. 

19 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

No it doesn't, absolutely not.  They may be signed off for concussion, but it doesn't mean it has lead to concussion. 

Concussion’ means the symptoms of a brain injury, not the injury itself. The injury might be a subdural haematoma, an arterial or venous rupture, an intra-cranial bleed, and so on.

So, if you are rendered unconscious, by definition you exhibit symptoms of a brain injury: a concussion.

8 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Concussion’ means the symptoms of a brain injury, not the injury itself. The injury might be a subdural haematoma, an arterial or venous rupture, an intra-cranial bleed, and so on.

So, if you are rendered unconscious, by definition you exhibit symptoms of a brain injury: a concussion.

I have not seen any reports to say the accident caused concussion 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I have not seen any reports to say the accident caused concussion 

There hasn't, but he was knocked out.  So if they are sensible he won't ride again until after this weekend. 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Uppa witches! Come on boys we’re not beat til we’re beat! Playoffs bomber here we go!! 47-43 on a wet track tonight king and bomber to show the youngsters how to get stuck into tough conditions! And we’ll beat em 49-41 for a 4 point agg score Thursday! 

witches wolves final likely to be the best tie for the neutrals

no I’ve not been drinking, just delirious from a first 5am alarm after a week off work this morning haha

Edited by ouch

15 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Surprises me how much speedway fans don't know about their own sport

I reckon the vast majority just support a team and enjoy watching the riders and racing, without bothering or questioning all the shizzle ... unless or until their team is affected.

This forum tends to attract fans who have a real interest, whereas, for example Speedway Friends on Facebook proves that there are plenty of people out there who are barely computer literate or even capable of conscious thought.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Jason got 9 from 6 and 5 from 4 on his visits to the NSS this year and Harris has performed better than that so factually he’s an improvement. 

Covering Charles’ 10 rides is very tricky and this will sway the tie in the Witches favour. Whether Connor can defeat Emil as Charles did is doubtful and of course we cannot pick Charles for both heat 15’s as we did last time.

When you add in the reserve replacements it’s all a bit of an uphill struggle for The Aces. If we can sneak a win I’ll be happy as we bring the curtain down on another fabulous season. 

It was effectively 5 points from 2 rides as you full well know. Yes he missed the gate in his first ride and packed up at the back with machinery issues, but then looked fast in his next two and was clearly faster than Bewely in his fourth ride when he steamed under him and Bewely dropped it for which Doyle got ridiculously excluded. Let’s not start the “he’s no loss anyway” stuff because it just makes you look daft. 

And as for the second highlighted bit, nobody is falling for that old codswallop!!

Why do fans do this nonsense? Make out their team is really up against it, underdogs, more disadvantaged than the opposition with injury, when it’s blatantly not true and they’re clearly strong favourites? It’s bizarre 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ouch said:

Not delirious just realistic. If the other members of your team score 36 like last time and Harris out scores Jasons 5, which he will then it’s going to be close. I don’t want a last heat decider as it would likely see a repeat of the Emil/King 5-1 to you guys. Let us us have the win, even if only by 2 points - please. 

Hope you get Jason back soon and you go on to wrap up a memorable double. 

Ahhh, ok I see what you’re doing here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aries said:

It was effectively 5 points from 2 rides as you full well know. Yes he missed the gate in his first ride and packed up at the back with machinery issues, but then looked fast in his next two and was clearly faster than Bewely in his fourth ride when he steamed under him and Bewely dropped it for which Doyle got ridiculously excluded. Let’s not start the “he’s no loss anyway” stuff because it just makes you look daft. 

And as for the second highlighted bit, nobody is falling for that old codswallop!!

Why do fans do this nonsense? Make out their team is really up against it, underdogs, more disadvantaged than the opposition with injury, when it’s blatantly not true and they’re clearly strong favourites? It’s bizarre 

Yes I agree.  Doyle is capable of winning every race he's in around the NSS, he's also a leader.  We cant pretend that it's not a huge blow to Ipswich to have him missing.  I do feel that the weather could be a leveler tonight though.  Personally I think if the Aces win by 10 then they will defend that in the second leg, 8 is par, 6 or below Ipswich are favourites. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is it raining yet?

Not so far, it's been drier than forecast this morning.  It's looking grim from 6pm onwards though.

Edited by SUPERACE

Looking at the two teams without any rose tinted on,, and then the venue,,, I think Ipswich will have done amazing if they keep this first leg 10 or below,, in reality it will probably be nearer the 20 mark

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Looking at the two teams without any rose tinted on,, and then the venue,,, I think Ipswich will have done amazing if they keep this first leg 10 or below,, in reality it will probably be nearer the 20 mark

On a normal track I'd agree, but if it goes ahead with the forecasted weather it's going to be a tough track.