British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunny v Edinburgh Playoff SF, 17.09.23

32 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think they did that they were very poor with the exception of Josh Pickering

Can't work out if Scunny are just really good at the moment or Edinburgh poor or a mixture of both? 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't work out if Scunny are just really good at the moment or Edinburgh poor or a mixture of both? 

Mix of both I would say.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Mix of both I would say.

Edinburgh were not worthy of being in play offs but turned out to be the best of a bad lot at bottom of table.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Only 70 minutes to run a meeting must be a record lol

Which included a lengthy track grade & water spray when Pickering had 2 on the trot plus the delay in rider choices for heat 15.

We always laugh as Redcar fans that we can get home earlier from an away match at Scunthorpe than we can a home one at Redcar. They certainly rattle through a meeting. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, eide67 said:

Pretty depressing viewing for a Monarchs' fan today. The main difference between the respectable 39 we got last time at Scunny and today was Lasse dropping from 13+3 to 1 (I'm sure he's still not fully fit). Picko was outstanding and his battles with Douglas in heats 13 and 15 were epic. Anyone who would want to get rid of Josh from the team wants their head examined.

I’m a Scunny fan and by far he’s the most impressive rider at the Eddie Wright Raceway he’s a class act on and off the track

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank goodness for Josh. 

Justin way off the pace. Lasse had a go but clearly still lacking fitness.. Bastion ok for first time there. Our middle order struggled yesterday and didn’t seem to attack the track. Dayle clearly shouldn’t be in this league. Well documented the reasons for our promotion going for NDL rider but wrong choice of rider.

if we come to tapes next season think we need some fresh faces.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Thank goodness for Josh. 

Justin way off the pace. Lasse had a go but clearly still lacking fitness.. Bastion ok for first time there. Our middle order struggled yesterday and didn’t seem to attack the track. Dayle clearly shouldn’t be in this league. Well documented the reasons for our promotion going for NDL rider but wrong choice of rider.

if we come to tapes next season think we need some fresh faces.

2nd time for bastian

6 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Edinburgh were not worthy of being in play offs but turned out to be the best of a bad lot at bottom of table.

Which is "worthy" of being in the play-offs. The 6th best team in the league "deserves" to have a chance at the title, as voted by the clubs pre-season.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, eide67 said:

Pretty depressing viewing for a Monarchs' fan today. The main difference between the respectable 39 we got last time at Scunny and today was Lasse dropping from 13+3 to 1 (I'm sure he's still not fully fit). Picko was outstanding and his battles with Douglas in heats 13 and 15 were epic. Anyone who would want to get rid of Josh from the team wants their head examined.

Has anyone said that?

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Has anyone said that?

Earlier in this thread Mr Blobby said "I’d get rid of the lot for next year. We’ve been nothing short of embarrassing all year."

But I'm sure it was just a knee-jerk reaction to a very disappointing team performance.

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

Earlier in this thread Mr Blobby said "I’d get rid of the lot for next year. We’ve been nothing short of embarrassing all year."

But I'm sure it was just a knee-jerk reaction to a very disappointing team performance.

Half the team have actually upped their averages this year (Cook, Castagna & Fredriksen), statistically Pickering has been one who's dropped the most off his average. Of course that means, he now has the potential to up his average next year.

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Which is "worthy" of being in the play-offs. The 6th best team in the league "deserves" to have a chance at the title, as voted by the clubs pre-season.

Don’t suppose when clubs went for top 6 for play offs that they imagined Edinburgh and those below would be so poor. Been a weak year for Monarchs and not helped by an ill judged remarks