British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

On the flip side Eastbourne's had their greatest night in 2000 for the title win with an enormous crowd.

At least KL still have a team to support though.... and think Crump was the fastest rider I ever saw there in his prime, just :( for us Eastie fans now.

If someone has money, I think there is a chance Arlington will see speedway again. Been told there is no chance of getting planning permission for houses on the site.

3 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

If someone has money, I think there is a chance Arlington will see speedway again. Been told there is no chance of getting planning permission for houses on the site.

Didn’t they get outline planning permission several years ago ? 

6 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

The problem for the foreseeable future is that the stadium owners still allow Spedeworth to run cars and don't want speedway to return at what seems any level. Suppose a load of money could change that, but can't see that happening really unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Didn’t they get outline planning permission several years ago ? 

No. Owners put it forward for planning but council refused 

Edited by FromBendThree

See Lynn have axed Gav Caney as presenter. Any news who will replace? It was good to have a youngish voice - too many old men doing the job in British speedway. Last season’s BEN fund at Lynn was a classic example. Borefest.

Do you have a link please?

12 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Thanks.

Reading between he lines it seems his departure might be linked to the fallout between Buster and Brady. A pity because he was decent on the mic.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Thanks.

Reading between he lines it seems his departure might be linked to the fallout between Buster and Brady. A pity because he was decent on the mic.

Yes and he brought some fun to the job. We will see who gets the job.

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

Yes and he brought some fun to the job. We will see who gets the job.

Kevin Moore I’d say

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Kevin Moore I’d say

Kevin to announce results is fine  but need someone younger and livelier on the centre concrete to get people going. 

to quote an Alternative TV album title 'Vibing Up the Senile Man'!!

On 2/11/2024 at 2:34 PM, FromBendThree said:

Kevin to announce results is fine  but need someone younger and livelier on the centre concrete to get people going. 

Totally agree or the atmosphere is likely to be flat as a pancake

We had a chap on the mic a few seasons back, very lively but knew sweet fa about speedway. With a bit longer behind the mic he'd have developed a bit of speedway knowledge and been decent at the job

Sometimes an over enthusiastic presenter looks a bit silly at Lynn. Trying to get the crowd going at Lynn don't always work imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke