British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

22 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Yep, he doesn’t mince his words when he doesn’t like something does he! It’s clear how much he’s enjoyed the past two seasons

As they say the devil is often in the detail, you can draw a lot from what is or isn't said, a rider who was merely going through the motions wouldn't say the things he has - he would simply say something bland like - 'I am pleased to re-sign for the Witches and lets go for 2024' All the other stuff about the club being run well, being paid on time and family etc are clues as to how he feels. You can choose to ignore that if you wish. They also provide illumination on what may or may not have gone on at other clubs in the past.

His body language in the pits, with the fans and after winning heats also shows a lot, again someone who views his time at Ipswich as a 'pure' convenience' wouldn't be like he is with the fans etc.

Finally - treating someone well often brings it own loyalty as a director of a company of 22 staff, many of whom have been with us for 10+ years I know all about that! Yes no one works for free and in many cases convenience helps - but it would be more convenient for me to work in the local chip shop as its 2 minutes from my home and i wouldnt have to run a company of 22 people and all the stresses that goes with it, but I still choose to do it!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Never denied that. Doyle enjoys his work, loves winning races & shows undeniable commitment to every cause. 

Most of that is for personal pride, not to be confused with love for the club. 

He isnt thinking about personal pride when he is racing, he just wants to win for his team.

5 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

As they say the devil is often in he detail, you can draw a lot from what is or isn't said, a rider who was merely going through the motions wouldn't say the things he has - he would simply say something bland like - 'I am pleased to re-sign for the Witches and lets go for 2024' All the other stuff about the club being run well, being paid on time and family etc are clues as to how he feels. You can choose to ignore that if you wish. They also provide illumination on what may or may not have gone on at other clubs in the past.

His body language in the pits, with the fans and after winning heats also shows a lot, again someone who views his time at Ipswich as a 'pure' convenience' wouldn't be like he is with the fans etc.

Finally treating someone well often brings it own loyalty as a director of a company of 22 staff, many of whom have been with us for 10+ years I know all about that! Yes no one works for free and in many cases convenience helps - but it would be more convenient for me to work in the local chip shop as its 2 minutes from my home and i wouldnt have to run a company of 22 people and all the stresses that goes with it, but I still choose to do it!

Very true. For those that are there every week, it's clear to see.

As opposed to somebody with a Man U top as his profile and the words Sick Bro - I know what I see and whom to believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He doesnt need to ride here, he has been loyal to British Speedway unlike others like Robert Lambert who decide not to ride here.

That's the whole point of the discussion, he lives in Norwich so riding in the UK and for Ipswich is perfect for him. Robert Lambert lives in Poland and chooses to do two leagues and then some UK once Poland finishes so their circumstances are different.

Doyle doesn't need to ride here but if you can get a good wage why wouldn't you work in the country where you live?

• Like 1

Others have lived in the UK and not ridden our league and chosen Poland, Sweden and Denmark. Not sure why there’s a sudden discussion arguing against a world class rider being so loyal to Speedway in this country and finding reasons why that is the case. But then they do seem to be coming from Norfolk way so that probably explains it. How many as good and in demand as him, that is a regular in the GP, has chosen to ride in the UK over the years? He’s in a tiny tiny minority and we’ve been lucky to have him here full stop. Jack Holder to be fair to him, is showing a similar level of loyalty so far. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aries said:

Others have lived in the UK and not ridden our league and chosen Poland, Sweden and Denmark. Not sure why there’s a sudden discussion arguing against a world class rider being so loyal to Speedway in this country and finding reasons why that is the case. But then they do seem to be coming from Norfolk way so that probably explains it. How many as good and in demand as him, that is a regular in the GP, has chosen to ride in the UK over the years? He’s in a tiny tiny minority and we’ve been lucky to have him here full stop. Jack Holder to be fair to him, is showing a similar level of loyalty so far. 

I totally agree alot of riders have lived here but not ridden here, a top class gp rider choosing to ride here year after year is a great thing and should be applauded not slated, also Emil riding here has been fantastic for British Speedway 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I totally agree alot of riders have lived here but not ridden here, a top class gp rider choosing to ride here year after year is a great thing and should be applauded not slated, also Emil riding here has been fantastic for British Speedway 

Almost 20 seasons! I don’t know how long he has lived in Norwich but he’s put  the miles in here in the U.K.!! Of course to an Aussie it’s probably no distance after all Melbourne to Sydney is an 18 hr drive if you ever do it! 

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Almost 20 seasons! I don’t know how long he has lived in Norwich but he’s put  the miles in here in the U.K.!! Of course to an Aussie it’s probably no distance after all Melbourne to Sydney is an 18 hr drive if you ever do it! 

I would not have thought very long as he used to ride for Swindon!

You can't question the loyalty of anyone who is prepared to do the journey up and down the A140 / A14 between Norwich and Ipswich! Not the best journey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

:D

I'd be saying the same wherever he rode. Anyway, don't want to to labour the point, as I've said I just felt it needed making and to reiterate its great that riders of his ilk are here and that  more and more seem like they are following.

• Like 1

If he’s only signed for Ipswich because he lives in Norfolk and it’s easy for him, he could always sign for Lynn! Surely would be even easier.. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

If he’s only signed for Ipswich because he lives in Norfolk and it’s easy for him, he could always sign for Lynn! Surely would be even easier.. ;) 

Imagine having Kings Lynn on your CV…….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

If only we had a sponsor with bottomless pockets too ;)

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair on paper Kings Lynn are the wealthiest club in the Premiership  - although that’s probably inflated by the other activities at the NA!

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Didn’t Guy Nicholls also sponsor Lynn for a year? I wonder what Buster did to make him switch his sponsorship to Sheffield 

• Like 1