British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Really? Never has at Ipswich or at meetings I've seen on TV, in fact quite the opposite!  

Always seems to chase personal points even when behind his partner.

Ellis a decent signing in the middle of the team, should make a mockery of his starting average I’d think he’s decent at Foxhall 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Ellis a decent signing in the middle of the team, should make a mockery of his starting average I’d think he’s decent at Foxhall 

He will if he's on decent machinery...

6 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

He will if he's on decent machinery...

Don’t think he’d be allowed to get away with not having decent equipment at Ipswich, they’d soon suss him out if he isn’t prepared. Think he’ll get good sponsor support, and have a far better year than the one just gone. 

7 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

We had Hume for that.... no thanks 

Oh so another rider in Ellis that WANTS to ride for Ipswich.... wonder of he doing it for his or the fans benefit? :wink:

You can only hope that he learns some humility and does not treat his fellow team members in the same way as he has done in Poland in the season just gone. I doubt he has learnt any lessons but only time will tell if he is a team player and fits in with the ethics of Ipswich riders or he treads his own path which has historically been one of arrogance. No doubt the family will come on here to defend him but that is nothing new. Proof will be in next year’s showing on the track riding for a quality team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

You can only hope that he learns some humility and does not treat his fellow team members in the same way as he has done in Poland in the season just gone. I doubt he has learnt any lessons but only time will tell if he is a team player and fits in with the ethics of Ipswich riders or he treads his own path which has historically been one of arrogance. No doubt the family will come on here to defend him but that is nothing new. Proof will be in next year’s showing on the track riding for a quality team. 

Not in my experience.  Always chats to fans and lets the kids sit on his bike. A really decent down to earth bloke. 

• Like 1

Add Sayfutdinov & King to the three announced signings & Ipswich can't have much left can they? 

7 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Really? Never has at Ipswich or at meetings I've seen on TV, in fact quite the opposite!  

As I said before it is more difficult at Premiership level but I have seen him team ride in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Add Sayfutdinov & King to the three announced signings & Ipswich can't have much left can they? 

4.16 ...  as stated on here, Jenkins would be a decent signing.  He would have to start in the team - even so, a major improvement on Hume.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Col said:

4.16 ish or something like that

34 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

4.16 ...  as stated on here, Jenkins would be a decent signing.  He would have to start in the team - even so, a major improvement on Hume.

I really can’t see Jenkins not being rising star at Oxford 

• Like 1

Try not to moan too much about Ellis when he scores crap for you guys, or you’ll have his Dad and other family members after you on social media!

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Massive step up from RS to top 5. Wouldn't fancy using Jenkins unless he was starting at reserve

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Massive step up from RS to top 5. Wouldn't fancy using Jenkins unless he was starting at reserve

He wouldn’t be there long. Will almost certainly swap with Rew after the first change of averages. With 4.16 left and Barker off to Birmingham, we’re left with three choices that I can see. Jenkins, Hume or Kyle Thomson. Jenkins would be my pick personally.