British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Seen a lot of negativity towards Danyon Hume on the Ipswich & Redcar pages.

Now I've not seen much of his races so cant comment on the number of falls he's had, but looking simply at the stats.

Hume went from 4.09 to 3.87, but as he was stepping out of the RS position, that seems a decent season to me.

Then look at the Prem aves of Rowe (3.76), Dan T (3.70), Gilkes (3.67) & Bailey (3.57).

Now Hume has a lower Champ average than all these riders, so to have a higher (non-RS) ave than all these "rising stars" seems quite an achievement to me?

He also has a lower Champ average than the top "rising stars" Jenkins (4.21), Kemp (4.04) & Flint (4.00) but is not far below them in the Prem.

Think (some) people have been too harsh on him imo

I’ve always really liked Hume - he is an honest trier - he has last season popped out of the gate on a 5-1 with his heat leader and done well gaining many decent points.

he does fall a fair bit often when in decent positions - I am sure no one is more annoyed than he is - I wouldn’t have an issue with him being back but he won’t be this year. I do feel a different track will help him actually. 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Won't Jenkins start at 2,,although it says 6? 

We thought that last year with Brennan so who knows how the rules are interpreted this year..

Probs better that he starts at 6 anyway,,,, although with Rew at poss 2 doesn't help,,, I may be tempted to start with ellis at 2, giving Rew a slicker track at 4 

10 hours ago, Col said:

Sheffield watch out.

Your right, if the Oxford team rumour is true we could be struggling to defend our title 

10 hours ago, Col said:

Sheffield watch out.

Bottle jobs 2023 & 2024.

Ipswich look like the team to beat to me.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Bottle jobs 2023 & 2024.

It's not a bottle job when it happens against a bunch of cheating scumbags ;):P

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's not a bottle job when it happens against a bunch of cheating scumbags ;):P

Hahahaha what a loser you are fella!

• Thanks 1

Jordan hasnt exactly had alot of sucessful meetings at Foxhall but hes not afraid to test himself further , 

Would of expected him to be at Oxford in both Premiership & Championship but this deal most likely agreed before Oxford announced running in Premiership 

Been a steadily Improving rider last couple seasons , look after him as he hopefully will be required back at Peterborough in 2025 he says very hopefully.

Edited by scoobydoo

10 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Maybe - but an honest one with integrity and self respect still intact

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Did Sheffield bottle the cup final? Oh yeah they did. And then pick n mix for the final. How is lambert this season? Oh sorry his isn’t part of your team, nor is Harris. And you have the most hated brothers in speedway in the holders. Jack bottled his third place in Grand Prix final when I was in Toruń. Facts. Have a good day ;)

Edited by Shano101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like the Ippo side..Doyle and Emil hard to beat , King rock solid and Rew ,Ellis and Jenkins  bound to improved from last year... must go close.