British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

9 hours ago, P T Preece said:

Brummies supporter, do they stream meeting at Ipswich, would like to know for Thursday, thanks.

A VHS tape will be avaiable within a few weeks ;)

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

In the pre-season review in the weeks Speedway Star Peter Adams makes the most bizarre take on the Witches riding order I've ever heard.

The riding order is key but I never quite understood why they had Jason and Emil in heats 13 and 15.

With the aggregate point being so important, in Heat 13 they could only get five points, whereas if you split them and didn't have them riding together in 13, there's the potential to score six points, home and away. I'd split them, I wouldn't have them at one and five. One of them needs to be at No. 3.

Personally I've never heard such nonsense from someone with so much experience in the sport. While it's true 3+3 is better than 5, he does realise there's more than two riders in the Ipswich team right? For example Danny King in heat 12 should always have the beating of the opposition reserve, so scores 2 or 3. Putting Doyle in heat 12, may score an extra point, may not. But I think they are far more likely to lose points in heat 13 as even a good race by King (splitting the opposition) would be a point dropped.

Edited by szkocjasid

On 3/26/2024 at 8:42 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A VHS tape will be avaiable within a few weeks ;)

Betamax...;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yes I didn’t understand his reasoning either. Thankfully it won’t happen. 

A definitely possible 10-2 at the "business end" of the meeting...

A no brainer isnt it? 

34 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A no brainer isnt it? 

Doyle and Emil in two of the last three heats is a strength. Not sure why you’d move away from that to be honest. It’s a strange suggestion. 

56 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A no brainer isn't it? 

Could not agree more. All they've got to do is keep it close all meeting, with a great chance of advantages in 13+15 for the win.

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle and Emil in two of the last three heats is a strength. Not sure why you’d move away from that to be honest. It’s a strange suggestion. 

Must put the pressure on the opposition too, knowing what's coming at the end of the match?

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

In the pre-season review in the weeks Speedway Star Peter Adams makes the most bizarre take on the Witches riding order I've ever heard.

The riding order is key but I never quite understood why they had Jason and Emil in heats 13 and 15.

With the aggregate point being so important, in Heat 13 they could only get five points, whereas if you split them and didn't have them riding together in 13, there's the potential to score six points, home and away. I'd split them, I wouldn't have them at one and five. One of them needs to be at No. 3.

Personally I've never heard such nonsense from someone with so much experience in the sport. While it's true 3+3 is better than 5, he does realise there's more than two riders in the Ipswich team right? For example Danny King in heat 12 should always have the beating of the opposition reserve, so scores 2 or 3. Putting Doyle in heat 12, may score an extra point, may not. But I think they are far more likely to lose points in heat 13 as even a good race by King (splitting the opposition) would be a point dropped.

What a dumb strategy that is

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Certainly a strange one.He forgets they are racing the Opposition 1-5.in Heats 13.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yes I didn’t understand his reasoning either. Thankfully it won’t happen. 

I am glad that others agree as I felt WTF when i read it.

Having analysed it a bit I sort of understood where he was coming from but its also about neutralising the oppositions top 2 - he did highlight (indirectly) what was was an actual weakness as such for the Witches last year in that they were often vulnerable in heats 12 and 14 but that was more about a rider not riding to expectation at times. He mentioned about Wolves 5-1 ing the Witches but the Witches 5-1'd more!

In fact in the meetings between the two sides the Witches got five 5-1's one 3-3 and two 1-5's v's the Wolves in heats 13 and 15. outscoring Wolves 30-18 in those crucial heats, bearing in mind Wolves actually won 3 of the 4 meetings between the two the issue wasn't in heats 13 and 15.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

ooops duplicated!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

25 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I am glad that others agree as I felt WTF when i read it.

Having analysed it a bit I sort of understood where he was coming from but its also about neutralising the oppositions top 2 - he did highlight (indirectly) what was was an actual weakness as such for the Witches last year in that they were often vulnerable in heats 12 and 14 but that was more about a rider not riding to expectation at times. He mentioned about Wolves 5-1 ing the Witches but the Witches 5-1'd more!

Best way to combat that would be for King & Ellis (I'd put him at 4) to perform on those heats. Not moved Doyle away from heat 13 imo.

With Jenkins moving into the top 5 in April, i'd put him at number 2. But will Ipswich do a straight swap with Rew & use him at 4?

Jordan to 2, Adam to 4, Kenyan to 6.