Kyle Howarth 7.76

Michael P Toft 7.01

Simon Lambert 5.87

Connor Mountain 5.26

Drew Kemp 5.16

Paul Starke 4.00

Nathan Ablitt 2.93

Total 37.99

Don't know what's worse, that team or the fact it's only 0.01 under the limit. Wow.

17 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Has Dougy committed to  Poland yet and been offered a team spot ? If not ,then team plans would change drastically I guess.

As said, Poznan in Ekstraliga 2   ....  https://speedwayteams2024.blogspot.com/p/club-name-falubaz-zielona-gora.html

& Dackarna in Sweden ..... https://speedwayteams2024.blogspot.com/p/bauhaus-ligan-squads-2024.html with Bewlay, R Jensen, T Lahti +

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Scunthorpe ?

Kyle Howarth 7.76

Michael P Toft 7.01

Simon Lambert 5.87

Connor Mountain 5.26

Drew Kemp 5.16

Paul Starke 4.00

Nathan Ablitt 2.93

Total 37.99

Oh Dear, how did Paul Starke suddenly appear in Scunny’s plans, well passed his best

30 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Oh Dear, how did Paul Starke suddenly appear in Scunny’s plans, well passed his best

That's how he'd be available at reserve, if he wasn't "well past his best" that team would be over the limit.

I don't know if he's in Scunny's plans, just picking teams with unannounced riders.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, OldtimerRay said:

I think Paul Starke is worth a go on a 4.00 average. He had bad season last year but his average is based on him riding in the main body on a track he didn't seem to get on with. Every year previously he has been a dependable 5 or 6 point second string, is he really in decline at 33 years of age?

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 1:14 PM, eric i said:

I think Scunny might be going a bit top heavy this year.........

S.worral 7.84

k.Howarth 7.76

J.Allen 7.16

S.Lambet 5.87

Z. Kennedy 4.27

N.Ablett 2.93

L.Harrison 2.00

total 37.83

To be fair thats where I am with it. That way we have made as good a stab at covering the loss of Ryan wth two No1s. With Jake there its a powerful top three, but Lambo in 2023 form makes it a top four !. It is going to be the "top heavy" teams that gain in the Chanpionship this year. Zaine is a steal returning on a 4.27 average btw. While Nathan can push on from 2023's great efforts at reserve. Luke Harrisons the 2p RS  but no pressure on him he can develop in a team like this. I commend this 1-7 to the Management. 

7 hours ago, thebaron said:

To be fair thats where I am with it. That way we have made as good a stab at covering the loss of Ryan wth two No1s. With Jake there its a powerful top three, but Lambo in 2023 form makes it a top four !. It is going to be the "top heavy" teams that gain in the Chanpionship this year. Zaine is a steal returning on a 4.27 average btw. While Nathan can push on from 2023's great efforts at reserve. Luke Harrisons the 2p RS  but no pressure on him he can develop in a team like this. I commend this 1-7 to the Management. 

Worrall will not be at Scunny next season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Worrall will not be at Scunny next season 

It might have seemed a long shot a year ago but Josh Pickering would be on my hit list !. I believe he did say he was stepping away from Edinburgh and the Championship. Like Ryan he wanted to push on in the Euro Leagues  But subsequently I read he could well be back in the Championship. He would be my "pick" to replace Ryan. Absolute "box office" racer around the EWR. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SSL84 said:

No drew kemp at scunny next season?  Shame thought he did a good job. 

That is a shame

48 minutes ago, mossy666 said:

That is a shame

I thought he would be back next season after his comments.

does anyone know who he’ll be riding for?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SSL84 said:

No drew kemp at scunny next season?  Shame thought he did a good job. 

I thought he might be the other one at 2nd string/ reserve but this lower points limit is hurting a few teams & riders. Trying to bring through the youth with the loss of the NDL could mean some riders out of their depth & some riders out of a job.

15 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Sad to see Jordan Palin has confirmed he’s retired from the sport. 

It is a shame injury has curtailed his career as other teams in the Premiership, GB Youth & Poland saw his potential at such a young age but he is now in a well paid job.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Sad to see Jordan Palin has confirmed he’s retired from the sport. 

Did he fully get over his brain injury?