British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Well thats no good at all. Expecting fans to pay and turn up to see a bang average foreigner not try hard cos he isnt fit. Another reason fans stay away.

The day that clubs and promotions rule the roost rather than riders, especially mediocre foreign riders, is the day the sport may start heading upwards rather than down the sewer.

What relevance does him being a foreigner have?

5 hours ago, Macca said:

A shame we couldn’t squeeze Lasse in at 2 there. Think Jacob might struggle at 2. 

Could swap Bastian and Jacob around... Just put Bastian at reserve to get that stronger rider there for the start of the season... I'm sure Bastian and Jacob would quickly swap roles and Hook would be at 6...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Interesting that Kye isn’t in anyone’s line up. 

Victim of his own success to an extent? Made excellent progress in his first two seasons which increased expectations, but didn’t progress as I’m sure he’d have hoped to this season. Away GSA of 5.06 (lower than Paco and Lasse) speaks volumes. 

I’d just left by time Campbell gave his speech after the last meeting, but many described it as being ‘very harsh’ on the team. You’d think the promotion aren’t planning on having too many back next season, and maybe they feel Kye didn’t do enough to warrant a place.

Or, maybe, their plan is to try and build a team that can win home matches again, and think he is a good fit for that. Who knows!

A really nice, likeable guy and would wish him all the best, including securing a spot elsewhere, if not returning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Victim of his own success to an extent? Made excellent progress in his first two seasons which increased expectations, but didn’t progress as I’m sure he’d have hoped to this season. Away GSA of 5.06 (lower than Paco and Lasse) speaks volumes. 

I’d just left by time Campbell gave his speech after the last meeting, but many described it as being ‘very harsh’ on the team. You’d think the promotion aren’t planning on having too many back next season, and maybe they feel Kye didn’t do enough to warrant a place.

Or, maybe, their plan is to try and build a team that can win home matches again, and think he is a good fit for that. Who knows!

A really nice, likeable guy and would wish him all the best, including securing a spot elsewhere, if not returning.

I think a season or two elsewhere might not be the worst idea. He was getting a really ruthless/hard but fair streak to his riding towards the end of 2022 which he seemed to miss last season again. Great on his night be too often went missing. 

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Could swap Bastian and Jacob around... Just put Bastian at reserve to get that stronger rider there for the start of the season... I'm sure Bastian and Jacob would quickly swap roles and Hook would be at 6...

Is Bastian the stronger rider though? Not much between them imo

14 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Interesting that Kye isn’t in anyone’s line up. 

He certainly gets overlooked compared to the Cook's. Kyle started the season with a higher ave than both Ben & Zach, but they got Prem team places before he did. Ben has since overtaken him, buy Kye still has a higher Champ ave than Zach.

Similar thing happened to Pickering, he was overlooked for a Prem spot, long before he got a place.

Obviously in the Prem, the Cook's have outscored Kye. Although racing for King's Lynn seems to hinder everyone's scoring?

• Like 1

i have a feeling tom brennan will end up at armadale....... agent brennan do ur duty lol:party:

20 hours ago, tigger63 said:

i have a feeling tom brennan will end up at armadale....... agent brennan do ur duty lol:party:

Was he not a double agent the season just past? 

Any news from your dinner/dance last night about your team for next season?

On 10/25/2023 at 2:42 PM, TheScotsman said:

Interested to know why?

Lasse has been VERY unlucky with injuries but can score well when fit.

Bastian seems to have a big problem with gating. You can get away with that on a couple of tracks but not the majority.

They are both more than adequate riders who give it their all but I just think Bastian has what American sports pundits call a 'higher ceiling' mostly on account of his age (BB will be 22 next season whereas Lasse will be 26). I believe Lasse is as good as he is ever going to get. 

Edited by Nickinho

Maybe if you unfortunately suffer from a rider having a long term injury you can send a message to Norway saying 

Lasse come home

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

They are both more than adequate riders who give it their all but I just think Bastian has what American sports pundits call a 'higher ceiling' mostly on account of his age (BB will be 22 next season whereas Lasse will be 26). I believe Lasse is as good as he is ever going to get. 

Which means that Bastian will move on next year and you will be without both... I'd rather keep Lasse as a career number 2 or number 4 than Bastian who yes might be very good this year, but would soon drop Edinburgh if he started scoring big point in the top league/Europe...

Either way... I hope both are in Edinburgh's team next season. What average do Norwegians come in on... There's a few knocking about who would do a job as second strings in the CL... Some with some good potential.

On 10/8/2023 at 12:36 PM, Macca said:

Berwick fans, out of interest, would you take Cook next season? 

Would need a longer barge stick than yours.

But if price is right promotion may think otherwise.

Bastian to us, and Etheridge to you?   Don’t shoot the messenger!

Edited by tweedcider
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Bastian to us, and Etheridge to you?   Don’t shoot the messenger!

Wouldn’t even swap Dayle for Etheridge

• Haha 1

Cookie apparently been practicing at Workington,if he's coming back wish him well.