British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

On 10/17/2023 at 11:03 PM, szkocjasid said:

Struggling to think who Monarch's heat leaders would be next season, so picked 2 who have been made available.

Edinburgh  
Lewis Kerr 8.39
Tom Brennan 7.15
Kye Thomson 6.48
Paco Castagna 5.30
Lasse Fredriksen 4.57
Borke / Hook 4.00
An Other 2.00
Total 37.89

Brennan has intimated that he won't be racing in the Championship next season

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Brennan has intimated that he won't be racing in the Championship next season

I’ll be very surprised if he isn’t somewhere in the Championship next year despite what you are saying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

It doesn't always work like that.

I well remember the 2007 season. We had a number of injuries and finished near the bottom. That year, the likes of Andrew Tully, Matthew Wethers and Derek Sneddon were 'stalwarts'. William Lawson had also featured for a while and, albeit not part of the declared 1-7, Aaron Summers was used as the equivalent of what's now an NL guest on a number of occasions.

Roll on to 2008. Kaj Laukkanen and George Stancl were replaced by Ryan Fisher and THJ, joining the 5 named above.

The result? A brilliant season. Strolled the league title and added the Premier Trophy for good measure.

I should probably collect stats as to how many winter changes teams make on an annual basis. Sadly, I can't be bothered, so I can't actually say whether the above is the exception to any potential rule!

Fair point. I just think the four riders (Hook and not Borke) had last season as well as this season, with the club going backwards, so going for a third would be a mistake, in my view. Would love to be proven wrong, obviously! :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I’ll be very surprised if he isn’t somewhere in the Championship next year despite what you are saying. 

Maybe.

3 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

He should think long and hard think about not doing championship imo. If it's not going well and decides wants a champ place then rather than a 7 average he'd need to come in on a 9. Can't see many people finding that attractive.

That is of course if current rules on averages and conversion rates stay as they are and his prem average stays the around the 6 figure 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but, as frustrating as the class of 2023 was, I’m sure they can do better……………

• Like 2

Purely for discussion…

1. Josh Pickering

2. Paco Castagna 

3. Kevin Wolbert

4. Lasse Fredriksen

5. Richie Worrall

6. 2 pointer

7. Max Clegg 

Thereabouts with a 38 point limit? Assumed 7.50(?) for Wolbert and 2.32 for Clegg, but someone can confirm what they’d likely be? 

Wouldn’t have a strong reserve, particularly away from home, but as good a three heat leaders you could get with the 38 limit maybe? 

Does bring back four from last season, which I said I was against, but can anyone realistically think of a better option than Lasse around that average? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

Purely for discussion…

1. Josh Pickering

2. Paco Castagna 

3. Kevin Wolbert

4. Lasse Fredriksen

5. Richie Worrall

6. 2 pointer

7. Max Clegg 

Thereabouts with a 38 point limit? Assumed 7.50(?) for Wolbert and 2.32 for Clegg, but someone can confirm what they’d likely be? 

Wouldn’t have a strong reserve, particularly away from home, but as good a three heat leaders you could get with the 38 limit maybe? 

Does bring back four from last season, which I said I was against, but can anyone realistically think of a better option than Lasse around that average? 

Don't know what the German whose name I won't speak would be, but the last averages on bspl have clegg as 4.21

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Don't know what the German whose name I won't speak would be, but the last averages on bspl have clegg as 4.21

Thanks. That changes things!! :D 

22 hours ago, Macca said:

Purely for discussion…

1. Josh Pickering

2. Paco Castagna 

3. Kevin Wolbert

4. Lasse Fredriksen

5. Richie Worrall

6. 2 pointer

7. Max Clegg 

I'm not sure Wolbert would come back to Armadale but Riss would be a good number 3 in that line-up if he is 100% fit next year.

*I'd give Clegg a wide berth though after last season, especially if his average is over 4 points

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

I'm not sure Wolbert would come back to Armadale but Riss would be a good number 3 in that line-up if he is 100% fit next year.

*I'd give Clegg a wide berth though after last season, especially if his average is over 4 points

Riss would be a great number 3, agreed. Best in the league, potentially. 

I mistakenly took Clegg’s average from his time only with us this season! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Riss would be a great number 3, agreed. Best in the league, potentially. 

I mistakenly took Clegg’s average from his time only with us this season! 

Am thinking we may need to have Bastian or Lasse at #6 if we are to have a 2.00 pointer at #7

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 3:58 PM, Macca said:

Purely for discussion…

1. Josh Pickering

2. Paco Castagna 

3. Kevin Wolbert

4. Lasse Fredriksen

5. Richie Worrall

6. 2 pointer

7. Max Clegg 

That'll depend on Richie's hearing in November,think if he's riding it will be at Berwick.

3 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Am thinking we may need to have Bastian or Lasse at #6 if we are to have a 2.00 pointer at #7

Lasse at reserve would be a bit of a trump card, assuming he could replicate his form when he rode at reserve prior to his injury. At 4.57, and with the 38 point limit, it probably wouldn’t be possible. Bastian at reserve a bit more likely.