British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

got to remember lee was a class rider over 10 yrs ago so you can understand his feelings when he comes back and still mixing it with the top lads in the championship.

• Like 1

If Pijper had participated in heat fourteen, there’s a significantly high probability that Kerr or Atkins would have finished ahead of him, thus adjusting the landscape of the result.

Maybe not, but that was a huge risk by Cami Brown and in my opinion, a tactical error.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DazS said:

got to remember lee was a class rider over 10 yrs ago so you can understand his feelings when he comes back and still mixing it with the top lads in the championship.

He has always been an entertainer and 100% effort guy.

5 minutes ago, DazS said:

Very true. I remember him with Sheffield.

I thought he was the match winner last night. He set the tone with not only his enthusiasm for the crowd, but some outstanding riding.

I’ll say it again - he bullied Lewis Kerr in heat fourteen. He created a 5-1 for him and Brennan.

13 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I've heard it will be Sunday. Which is great for me!

Not long confirmed on Glasgow Tigers Facebook page, first leg moved to Sunday 8th October at 6pm - tickets now on sale. 

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can’t understand how ace hasn’t been excluded there. Out of control and into the back of Atkins. Yet all 4 back. Which could affect the outcome of the match. 

Sure did.

I don’t want to commit without having seen a replay, but surely Pijper’s crash in heat fourteen was the definition of first bend bunching, no?

Perhaps those watching on BSN are better positioned, having had the benefit of replays.

30 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I don’t want to commit without having seen a replay, but surely Pijper’s crash in heat fourteen was the definition of first bend bunching, no?

Perhaps those watching on BSN are better positioned, having had the benefit of replays.

It was heat 12

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eide67 said:

Racing not as good as normal at Ashfield due to tricky track conditions and dubious preparation, but still an exciting tense meeting. Glasgow got lucky in heat 12 - why wasn't Complin in it in the first place? Lee the match winner in heat 14 with a brilliant first lap - so pleased for him. Congratulations to the Tigers.

Dubious preparation ,intresting comment , please share your wise and wonderful knowledge and experience on how it should have been prepared ? 

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Sorry, heat twelve.

Personally I wouldn’t say anyone bunched. Pijper went into the corner last and hit Atkins dirt deflector from behind

• Like 1

When there's any kind of contact in first bend 99/100 it gets called back. In fact if you saw Robert Lamberts interview on Eurosport apparently he was told by the referee all first bend incidents are all 4 re-runs.

I do agree with what people say it all looked to be ace's fault though 

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

When there's any kind of contact in first bend 99/100 it gets called back. In fact if you saw Robert Lamberts interview on Eurosport apparently he was told by the referee all first bend incidents are all 4 re-runs.

I do agree with what people say it all looked to be ace's fault though 

Not in Poland.IMo.If you get a little nudge and jump off you out.

Edited by Fromafar

21 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

Personally I wouldn’t say anyone bunched. Pijper went into the corner last and hit Atkins dirt deflector from behind

Is there an actual rule book description for bunching? I just assumed it was a general term for a coming together on the first bend.

I thought unless you were blatantly at fault - Segdmen at Redcar when he took-out Bailey, for example - the you were protected by the referee being conscious of a lack of space in the first turn, thus there’s a higher risk of collision.

Jason Doyle during the GP in Torun is a perfect example. He caused two stoppages of the same heat and Stevie Wonder could see he was causing these stoppages by running across and into opponents, but I was under the impression he was protected by the old first bend bunching.

If Pijper was the blatant cause of the stoppage, then Oxford have a right to be fuming.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

It was quite clear that’s what happened IMO