British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Clubs will struggle to justify £20 admission for another dilution of the points limit.

That’s my thoughts,but you can bet there won’t be reduced admission prices.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GS550 said:

But these days a quid is only worth 20p or maybe 30p so on that score 20 quid is only about a fiver in auld money.

It’s not what it’s worth it’s whether you have it to spare though.

7 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Going by what others have said about the rule then no, the minimum 3 rides becomes 4 if eligible to take one of the R/R rides - its one R/R ride per each of the 4 eligible riders, don't think one rider can take 2 R/R rides, has to be one each so that would include another ride for Ace as part of his minimum set of rides - unless withdrawn from the meeting.

If it's a reserve he can take all four R/R rides, just three of them would be a reserve switch, rather than R/R, he would then only have three of his four programmed rides.

Edited by StevePark

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

If it's a reserve he can take all four R/R rides, just three of them would be a reserve switch, rather than R/R, he would then only have three of his four programmed rides.

Great, that’s what I thought. You are ever-reliable with the nuance of the rules.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Clubs will struggle to justify £20 admission for another dilution of the points limit.

Happens season after season less points for teams more cash for the supporters.

the number 8 jack could have taken any RR rides and if ace had pulled out after his first fall pretty sure  jack could have taken all his rides under IRR 

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

the number 8 jack could have taken any RR rides and if ace had pulled out after his first fall pretty sure  jack could have taken all his rides under IRR 

The AR can now take any ride I believe

18 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

The AR can now take any ride I believe

Almost any ride!

SR 012.4.4  f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7.

49 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Almost any ride!

SR 012.4.4  f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7.

It’s pretty mad they can’t be used in a protected heat when they have to be under a 4 point average anyway, the kind of rider a protected heat is aimed at!

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Almost any ride!

Heat 8 isn't a protected heat, both number 2 & 7 could be replaced by the number 6. Sounds more like a Prem ruling?

I suppose heat 8 is protected against tac subs, which is a tad pointless, as it would have been legal for Basso & Nicholls to race at number 2 (wouldn't happen I know) plus clubs don't have to put their weakest reserve at 7 & even if they do, can still drop him from that heat.

Edited by szkocjasid

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Heat 8 isn't a protected heat, both number 2 & 7 could be replaced by the number 6. Sounds more like a Prem ruling?

My understanding was protected heats are a Premiership/Rising Star thing, and not applicable in the Championship.

Just now, Noelinho said:

My understanding was protected heats are a Premiership/Rising Star thing, and not applicable in the Championship.

That would make sense

I still can’t get over that pop from the crowd when Complin took Kerr wide and allowed Brennan through for a heat fourteen 5-1.

I thought those atmospheres were saved for Ibrox and Celtic Park in Glasgow.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, GS550 said:

Yes minimum 3 rides, but it becomes 4 when also eligible for an R/R ride for the absent Vissing.

You're both right and wrong here........I think! 

Lee could, in theory, take all 4 rider replacement rides, as a reserve.

Obviously he technically wouldn't as that would be Lee's 4 programmed plus Lee taking all 4 RRs = 8.

So if Lee took all 4 RRs then Ace would need to take one of Lee's programmed rides which would end up Ace having 5 rides on the night, which wasn't wanted. 

So I think you're right that Ace was compelled, on that night, to take his 4 programmed rides, at least but he wasn't compelled to take any RR rides. 

Happy for anyone to contradict. 

23 hours ago, GS550 said:

Yes minimum 3 rides, but it becomes 4 when also eligible for an R/R ride for the absent Vissing.

There is no such rule, the minimum three ride rule applies to a rider and it is up to the team manager to allocate the RR rides and any reserve switches to the best advantage.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1