British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Tigers vs Wolves (playoff semi 2nd leg) 28/09/23

52 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

With rain in the air it opens up another potential test for the regs

I believe the team trailing at heat 10 can request the match be be curtailed if conditions are poor, the team leading cannot 

So what if Wolves are leading by 8 after 10 - can Sheffield request it called as the team trailing in the meeting or is it the aggregate score

More and more it seems what the regs don't say is taken as most important as opposed to what they do say - it could be vital if the above were to occur.......

Whatever to he ruling is, I'm sure in this situation if the Wolves riders told the ref the track was safe, it's unlikely to be abandoned early

2 hours ago, chun said:

surely it’s an advantage for a team to be able to pick ‘horses for courses’.  i’d prefer to see the same 1-7 for both legs

I understand your point, but if you can pick "horses for courses" during the season, why stop just for the play-offs?

Plus there's the +5% at home rule, some riders could guest at home but not away!

• Like 1

If Sheffield had two riders in mind they wanted for the final, the best option would be to "drop" their second choice tonight (as they are 99% through) and go with their 3rd best option, the use the second best pick for the final.

That may be what they are doing with Lawson & Harris?

3 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

If that was the case Belle Vue would have 2 more league titles to our name making it 15 instead of 13, but I wouldn't swap last year's play off final win for anything.  Winning it in a Grand final makes it so much bigger, great crowds, great atmospheres, you can't beat it.

Think we ll have to agree to disagree I am old school. Did not go to last year’s playoffs won t be going to this year’s if Sheffield make the final.

Use to go every week but now just pick and choose my meetings 

This will be off by 8.15 and 10 heats , they're going to fire through these heats

Edited by tyke
  • Like 1

This meeting will be about the biggest FARCE in the history of televised speedway!! Will only go to heat 10, wouldn't normally be racing in those condo and the result is a foregone conclusion before it even started! 

From the sublime (Monday) to the ridiculous (tonight) both extremes of this sport on show in just three days! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

This meeting will be about the biggest FARCE in the history of televised speedway!! Will only go to heat 10, wouldn't normally be racing in those condo and the result is a foregone conclusion before it even started! 

From the sublime (Monday) to the ridiculous (tonight) both extremes of this sport on show in just three days! 

What are you supposed to do about Mother Nature?

Thought the ref had to wait until all riders have left the track before putting the 2 mins on for next heat? :blink:

Who needs rules at Sheffield .....

Kelvin is more annoying tonight.... keeping going on about getting to heat 10 then calling the meeting..  no Kelv the meeting is 15 heats and if they riding the 1st 10 heats in those conditions they should continue and ride the remaining ones.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JoeW436 said:

Same as every other week, riders refuse to ride so meeting called off. Amazing the effect cameras have !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

race in the summer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was all but over after the first leg. While the weather could have been a leveller tonight it’s been quite the opposite. Shame.