British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

£2 cheaper for them on the gate. Concessions in the main aren’t going to be the ones buying online advanced tickets. I do think it should be slightly cheaper than £18 though.

I have long maintained that £15, a pound per race, is about right for Championship level speedway, even more so now if the product is to be watered down to increase that gap between Premiership and Championship. As you say a concession price of £18 is an still expensive night out for many, as by the way is £20 for full paying adults, but we hope that the promotion have done their research and this is the price they consider fair to the paying customer and to bring in much needed regular revenue.

If you want to watch speedway then we know the price on the ticket, you either pay it or you don't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, screm said:

I have long maintained that £15, a pound per race, is about right for Championship level speedway, even more so now if the product is to be watered down to increase that gap between Premiership and Championship. As you say a concession price of £18 is an still expensive night out for many, as by the way is £20 for full paying adults, but we hope that the promotion have done their research and this is the price they consider fair to the paying customer and to bring in much needed regular revenue.

If you want to watch speedway then we know the price on the ticket, you either pay it or you don't. 

Thing is it was £15 5-10 years ago, riders pay and everything else has increased fairly dramatically in those years, so unfortunately the admission price moves up with it.

• Like 1

Thing is costs don’t match up for many tracks, money coming in is not enough to pay some riders wage demands . 

7 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Thing is it was £15 5-10 years ago, riders pay and everything else has increased fairly dramatically in those years, so unfortunately the admission price moves up with it.

Agree,thing is we are paying lesser riders bigger money.Its is the entertainment that counts though.Crowd levels certainly haven’t risen much in the last few years which tells you something.It it the price or is it the entertainment value.Who knows.!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, screm said:

£17/£27 saving if you purchase a season ticket going by online price

Edited by Normski

45 minutes ago, screm said:

£15 would be underselling the sport in my opinion, it's even £20 across the board to watch non-league (National League) football these days.

I had a look at 2015 admission prices and they were £15 for Championship level speedway then, when if you compare to a minimum wage of £6.50ph it does seem more expensive in 2015.

If you compare to 2024, minimum wage is due to be set at £11.44ph and admission £20. 

I know there an many other factors and many workers who are salaried don't often see large rises but it's one interesting way to look at it.

Lewis Kerr & Rory Schlein announced

Rory captain and  Kerr good start 

Confirmed that Leon Flint wont be in the Berwick team next season.

Just now, Bandit59 said:

Just beat me to it lol

Normski beat us both out of the gate.

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Normski beat us both out of the gate.

i got a roller

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Thing is costs don’t match up for many tracks, money coming in is not enough to pay some riders wage demands

The biggest issue with Speedway, right here. Why would any business pay more out than comes in? 

I know riders will say bikes / tuning is expensive, but they shouldn't be able to demand that they need to use the most expensive equipment if the crowds don't allow promotions to pay for it!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1