British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It is harsh,they are still young guys and doing Ok .IMO.

We do seem to measure the young Brits far too critically...

They don't need to all be a "Robert Lambert", just being a "Simon Lambert" will be more than enough to help the sport going forward in the UK...

Starke, Complin, S Lambert, Barker, (and probably many more), all fill team places over here each season, and all have been quite a way from the "top level", yet all ensure teams come to the tapes each season..

It's the same with the "rising stars" and, "professional juniors", who, now after three to four seasons of riding, are now very close to their level that they will continue to ride at, naturally replacing the older Championship Second String level riders mentioned above..

Just let the lads ride and see where they get to..

The sport needs UK riders taking up plenty of the team places so let's just hope they reach that standard first...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 7

Think they need to reveal the other riders, has anyone bought a season pass yet without knowing the team.

12 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think they need to reveal the other riders, has anyone bought a season pass yet without knowing the team.

They are probably hoping people buy a season ticket BEFORE they find out the team

On 11/24/2023 at 7:35 AM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

£2 cheaper for them on the gate. Concessions in the main aren’t going to be the ones buying online advanced tickets. I do think it should be slightly cheaper than £18 though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

. Looking at other clubs Workington Adults 18 + £20 Child £5 Under 6 Free. Oxford Adults 16+ £22 Under 16's accompanied by Adult Free

Got to give the promotion time and patience if I’m honest. Obviously been working hard in the close season to make sure it was going to be feasible to run with some hard decisions taken. At least we can say we will be watching speedway this year where some others unfortunately cannot. I for one am looking forward to the oncoming season . 

12 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

I'm sure Berwick are doing all they can to field the best team they can afford and within budget. Without supporters there wont be any speedway. Put some faith in the management and buy that ticket, because once its gone, its gone. Wont matter how many turn up at that last meeting to support the team they "Love". Ask Peterborough and Wolverhampton. (Sad but true).

On 11/29/2023 at 3:01 PM, emilali said:

It’s usually a feature of a Berwick team to have wasted points.

Jye Etheridge :lol:

15 hours ago, magnus said:

I'm sure Berwick are doing all they can to field the best team they can afford and within budget. Without supporters there wont be any speedway. Put some faith in the management and buy that ticket, because once its gone, its gone. Wont matter how many turn up at that last meeting to support the team they "Love". Ask Peterborough and Wolverhampton. (Sad but true).

Could add Newcastle to that list as well as probably should of not come to tapes the following season to fold.

16 hours ago, magnus said:

Peterborough's and Wolverhampton's demises were not down to team affordability and budgets. They were down to stadium ownership.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Peterborough's and Wolverhampton's demises were not down to team affordability and budgets. They were down to stadium ownership.

I agree, but I bet if the crowds attended week in week out, like that was present at the last meeting each of them had it may well have been a different storey.

Edited by magnus

16 minutes ago, magnus said:

I agree, but I bet if the crowds attended week in week out, like that was present at the last meeting each of them had it may well have been a different storey.

but it wasnt and land is at a premium just now owners can sell it off and retire so unless they are speedway fanatics then the option is pretty obvious 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, magnus said:

Unless you are truly local there is not a lot of incentive  for buying a season ticket these days with travelling and fuel ,unpredictable weather and riders attitudes to a less that perfect conditions you can have a wasted journey.Whereas with a lot of Clubs streaming now (including Bandits) it costs less too watch the meeting online if any doubts on the night

The away fans and neutrals will compensate for this drop in revenues by purchasing the stream though.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Unless you are truly local there is not a lot of incentive  for buying a season ticket these days with travelling and fuel ,unpredictable weather and riders attitudes to a less that perfect conditions you can have a wasted journey.Whereas with a lot of Clubs streaming now (including Bandits) it costs less too watch the meeting online if any doubts on the night

The away fans and neutrals will compensate for this drop in revenues by purchasing the stream though.

Well lets lock the gates. I am trying to be positive and speedway is far from being in a good place at the moment in the UK. The point I'm trying to make is if we don't support, then there will be no speedway to watch either live or on TV. Instead of doom and gloom, what's the best way to rejuvenate the sport?

Answers on a post card please (Or better still start a new thread and let Berwick be about Berwick). :D

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Well lets lock the gates. I am trying to be positive and speedway is far from being in a good place at the moment in the UK. The point I'm trying to make is if we don't support, then there will be no speedway to watch either live or on TV. Instead of doom and gloom, what's the best way to rejuvenate the sport?

Answers on a post card please (Or better still start a new thread and let Berwick be about Berwick). :D

Buying a stream is supporting the Club is it not.Its not doom and gloom it’s a realistic summary of the position that the sport is in these days.You have to question why is it  not attracting new supporters in numbers instead of relying on former supporters coming back.I was just stating the merits of a season ticket.

Edited by Fromafar