British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Happy with Hume. He certainly winds it on around sheilfield. Could well be a fan favourite 

I think I saw a comment somewhere that said Hume could be a GP rider if speedway didn’t have bends.

Can certainly gate but I found it very frustrating watching him last year due to his inconsistency , but that might just be me.

45 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I think I saw a comment somewhere that said Hume could be a GP rider if speedway didn’t have bends.

Can certainly gate but I found it very frustrating watching him last year due to his inconsistency , but that might just be me.

Gives 100% any time I have seen him.That will do for me.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think you can rule out Knudsen.Dont think he liked his home track.Decent rider though just signed up in Poland.

Never quite the same after his huge crash at Ashfield early this year

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Agree,but his performances away from home on technical tracks was better than most of his home ones.IMO.

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

I came over a few times last season and would have to concur. Certainly a trier but looked a frustrating one if he was in your team.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:03 PM, Yearbyred said:

Quite impressed with riders Bandits have signed so far.

I'd take riders at Berwick with the ability to gate.... You can certainly pass at our place, we've seen that a lot over the past 2 years, but gating is half the battle! We need to ensure we win our home matches this year .. 4 and 5 losses a season at home isn't good enough! The 3 we've signed so far I am happy with :approve:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

I'd take riders at Berwick with the ability to gate.... You can certainly pass at our place, we've seen that a lot over the past 2 years, but gating is half the battle! We need to ensure we win our home matches this year .. 4 and 5 losses a season at home isn't good enough! The 3 we've signed so far I am happy with :approve:

Thats fair enough, already think the team looks better than last years.

All teams need to be competitive at home, very dispiriting to lose a few home matches.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Thats fair enough, already think the team looks better than last years.

All teams need to be competitive at home, very dispiriting to lose a few home matches.

When you start losing at home regularly the fans vote with their feet and crowd levels drop. Track most weeks was quite slick which suited the away teams, we need to prepare a track which gives us home advantage as other teams do. Winning your home matches especially with bonus point addition being in place can help towards a playoff place.

• Like 1

Trouble that Berwick have is the majority of riders can ride the track well from the front and if they lead into the 3rd corner and don’t make silly mistake it takes a very  good rider to pass them.Slick tracks are what the riders want these days so very difficult to prepare a track to give home advantage unlike that Peter Waite days. 7 Chris Harris clones required.

I think Hume has the ability to be a good rider, far better than he showed last season, for whatever reason did not progress. I am sure he can put at least a point on his average.