Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Calm v Panic

Fairness v Manipulation

Good v Evil

Cmon the Witches ! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The biggest question is around who rides for the Sheffield select side.

Regardless of if the averages allow it or not Sheffield should keep in Lawson along Lambert for continuity reasons. If Harris rides it completely devalues & makes the sports highlight of the season a farce. 

I think this will be closer than the cup final but I think Ipswich will have enough over 2 legs to complete the job. The key riders are Riss for Ipswich & Holder for Sheffield. 

So here we go, Sheffield don't deserve to be in the final because half their team got injured and it rained last night just before Wolves were going to mount a great comeback and win on the night and win on aggregate

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

The biggest question is around who rides for the Sheffield select side.

Regardless of if the averages allow it or not Sheffield should keep in Lawson along Lambert for continuity reasons. If Harris rides it completely devalues & makes the sports highlight of the season a farce. 

I think this will be closer than the cup final but I think Ipswich will have enough over 2 legs to complete the job. The key riders are Riss for Ipswich & Holder for Sheffield. 

People go so ott about Harris being  a guest.  . Just  dont see any problem with it at all. Just the normal suspects acting like drama queen's over nothing as normal.

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So here we go, Sheffield don't deserve to be in the final because half their team got injured and it rained last night just before Wolves were going to mount a great comeback and win on the night and win on aggregate

Of course they do, they have no choice but to use guests i totally agree . I've followed both Sheffield and Ipswich keenly past 2 seasons with the Swindon connections but I do believe you should be made to use the guests in the final that got you through and not adopt a horses for courses policy , barring injury to the guests already used . To me it's like taking out an out of form rider and replacing them after the cut off point in this case Harris who flew round Ippo . 

Just now, orion said:

People go so ott about Harris being  a guest.  . Just see any problem with it at all. Just the normal suspects acting like drama queen's over nothing as normal.

The problem is clear to see if you actually bother looking at it 

You may as well abolish the window for changes if you can swap your guests around to suit...anyway like I've said I like both sides and I will still be happy with whoever wins despite finding the guest switch a bit tasteless 

7 minutes ago, orion said:

People go so ott about Harris being  a guest.  . Just see any problem with it at all. Just the normal suspects acting like drama queen's over nothing as normal.

And why are anyone 'drama queens' just because there views differ to the great Orion? 

37 minutes ago, orion said:

People go so ott about Harris being  a guest.  . Just  dont see any problem with it at all. Just the normal suspects acting like drama queen's over nothing as normal.

It seems wrong, Harris helped Ipswich get in to the final and now he is helping another team stop them winning the title.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, orion said:

Nah disagree with you on this one, Harris guesting against Ipswich after guesting FOR Ipswich in the semi is just plain daft. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It seems wrong, Harris helped Ipswich get in to the final and now he is helping another team stop them winning the title.

All guests in any match could classed as doing that This is a new match and just like any match  in the history of speedway you can pick  a guest that fits into your side.No idea why this should be  any different . Wrong is changing the rules after they have been made.

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, orion said:

All guests in any match could classed as doing that This is a new match and just like any match  in the history of speedway you can pick  a guest that fits into your side.No idea why this should be  any different . Wrong is changing the rules after they have been made.

Yes true but it seems some including myself thought there was a rule to stop a rider riding for more than one play off team but apparently that is not the case. Anyway should make a great final and is what most would want.

• Like 1