British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

2 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Lidsey can't guest now his team are out, it's the same as Harris.  It's absolutely nonsense and there is no argument otherwise. 

Repeat again . the rule is clear you cant you have a guest from a team that has made the play offs . Your correct there is no argument as Peterborough never made them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

Sheff finished above ippo so would have choice of race nights .. so you could make it up as you just have lol . People who don't understand play offs tend to be oap's who have no understanding of modern sport and  or have any idea of the money side of the sport as your last line clearly shows .

This we agree on, I love the play offs.  They just need to find a sensible way of teams covering injuries that's fair for all.  It's simple for me as follows.

1. If a rider is injured and out for the season you can replace him after the cut off date, but said rider mustn't race again anywhere that season, if he does then said team loses the facility. 

2. Guests can ride for anyone as long as there team isn't in the play offs, once out of playoffs those riders become available to Guest

3. Guests can be used for any rider 1 to 7 or r/r.

4. No 8 day rule for play offs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orion said:

Repeat again . the rule is clear you cant you have a guest from a team that has made the play offs . Your correct there is no argument as Peterborough never made them 

I think your getting confused, I know the rule, just because there is a rule it doesn't make it right.  This is a forum not the rules panel. The rule that states a playoff rider can't guest even when his team are out, but a none playoff rider can guest for anyone and everyone is ludicrous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

No need for drama..the rule is pretty simple.Teams can use guests that are not involved in the offs. already explained why that is. so no I did not miss anything.

Quite agree Teams can use guests not involved in the play offs BUT quite simple really Harris has been involved in the play offs he scored 10 + 3 for Ipswich against Belle Vue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

This we agree on, I love the play offs.  They just need to find a sensible way of teams covering injuries that's fair for all.  It's simple for me as follows.

1. If a rider is injured and out for the season you can replace him after the cut off date, but said rider mustn't race again anywhere that season, if he does then said team loses the facility. 

2. Guests can ride for anyone as long as there team isn't in the play offs, once out of playoffs those riders become available to Guest

3. Guests can be used for any rider 1 to 7 or r/r.

4. No 8 day rule for play offs. 

And on your point 2 what a bl..dy stupid rule that is.  Chris Harris is just earning a living but he had a good meeting for Ippo against Belle Vue, will he have a good meeting or a bad meeting for Sheffield against Ippo, it leaves so much to interpret in our sport no wonder its losing credibility by the bucketful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Quite agree re Harris, just hope there's a very loud silence stadium when he's announced, just hope he has a night when he's trying to find the right set up.

Let's hope not, quite the opposite in fact! 

Looking forward to the final.  Sheffield have a weakened team but hopefully they'll step up to the plate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just another ridiculous speedway situation. A rider who’s team has qualified for the play offs cannot guest for another team in the playoffs, so that the sport doesn’t look like Micky mouse when in theory the biggest tv audience will be watching. However a rider from a team that hasn’t qualified for the play offs can ride for more than one team in the playoffs. The situation with Harris is madness!!

Harris plays a huge part in Ipswich qualifying for the final & will now ride against them.

It would have made the sport look better to suspend the 8 day rule & allow Lawson to ride in the final at least it would have provided some consistency & any newbies watching wouldn’t be exposed to the crazy world of uk speedway.

15 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Just another ridiculous speedway situation. A rider who’s team has qualified for the play offs cannot guest for another team in the playoffs, so that the sport doesn’t look like Micky mouse when in theory the biggest tv audience will be watching. However a rider from a team that hasn’t qualified for the play offs can ride for more than one team in the playoffs. The situation with Harris is madness!!

Harris plays a huge part in Ipswich qualifying for the final & will now ride against them.

It would have made the sport look better to suspend the 8 day rule & allow Lawson to ride in the final at least it would have provided some consistency & any newbies watching wouldn’t be exposed to the crazy world of uk speedway.

I always say stick to the rules and you can't go wrong.

22 minutes ago, Dornier said:

I always say stick to the rules and you can't go wrong.

Let's hope you're right - as nothing goes wrong for the Witches then......-_-

• Like 1

I would have preferred Jack and Tobi riding. I'm hoping the guest riders can come somewhere near what they would have scored.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's just so funny..As newbies would know the rules or care or know who Chris Harris  You got to laugh at the ott drama of people 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dornier said:

I would have preferred Jack and Tobi riding. I'm hoping the guest riders can come somewhere near what they would have scored.

Really, well you decided not to have Jack back as you are stronger as a team without him. Jack is pretty hopeless at Ipswich, Lambert will score at least what he would have got. Tobi only got 9 in both legs of cup so you would expect Harris to get more than that so you are benefitting from the injuries, your problem is Chris Holder who isnt too keen on the Ipswich track 

Edited by foreverblue

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Really, well you decided not to have Jack back as you are stronger as a team without him. Jack is pretty hopeless at Ipswich, Lambert will score at least what he would have got.

And  Tobi scored 15 last time 

• Like 1